Lawrence D Sherman
- Beta-blockade causes a reduction in the frequency spectrum of VF but improves resuscitation outcome: A potential limitation of quantitative waveform measuresLawrence Sherman
Seattle Public Health Department, Division of EMS Services, Seattle, WA, USA
Resuscitation 83:511-6. 2012..We also examined how these medications alter the probability of ROSC after shock...
- Logarithm of the absolute correlations of the ECG waveform estimates duration of ventricular fibrillation and predicts successful defibrillationLawrence D Sherman
Emergency Department, St Francis Hospital, 34515 Ninth Ave S Federal Way, WA 98003, USA
Resuscitation 78:346-54. 2008....
- The effect of ischemia on ventricular fibrillation as measured by fractal dimension and frequency measuresLawrence D Sherman
St Francis Hospital, Federal Way, WA, USA
Resuscitation 75:499-505. 2007..The scaling exponent (ScE), the logarithm of the absolute correlations (LAC) and the Hurst exponent (HE) are three measures of the fractal dimension of VF...
- The frequency ratio: an improved method to estimate ventricular fibrillation duration based on Fourier analysis of the waveformLawrence D Sherman
Northwest Emergency Physicians, Emergency Department, St Francis Hospital, 18544 NE 19th Place, Bellevue, WA 98008, USA
Resuscitation 69:479-86. 2006..A method based on the changes in the Fourier-derived frequency spectrum over time could improve the ability to identify prolonged VF...
- Angular velocity: a new method to improve prediction of ventricular fibrillation durationLawrence D Sherman
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburg School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Resuscitation 60:79-90. 2004..The combination of ScE and AV can be used in developing strategies for the treatment of VF during the different clinical phases of VF...
- Immediate defibrillation versus interventions first in a swine model of prolonged ventricular fibrillationJames J Menegazzi
Department of Emergency Medicine, 230 McKee Place, Suite 400, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Resuscitation 59:261-70. 2003..We also sought to determine the predictive value of the ScE in determining post-shock outcomes...
- Dynamic nature of electrocardiographic waveform predicts rescue shock outcome in porcine ventricular fibrillationChristopher B Lightfoot
Department of Emergency Medicine, Center for Emergency Medicine of Western Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Ann Emerg Med 42:230-41. 2003..This study examined whether the scaling exponent could predict rescue shock success and whether unsuccessful rescue shocks altered the structure of the ventricular fibrillation waveform and the responsiveness to subsequent rescue shocks...
- Quantitative waveform measures of the electrocardiogram as continuous physiologic feedback during resuscitation with cardiopulmonary bypassDavid D Salcido
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Resuscitation 83:505-10. 2012....
- Effects of pre-arrest and intra-arrest hypothermia on ventricular fibrillation and resuscitationJames J Menegazzi
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Resuscitation 80:126-32. 2009..The electrophysiological mechanisms of hypothermia are not well-understood, nor are the effects of beginning cooling during the resuscitation...
- Ventricular fibrillation scaling exponent can guide timing of defibrillation and other therapiesJames J Menegazzi
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Circulation 109:926-31. 2004..The scaling exponent (ScE) of the ventricular fibrillation (VF) waveform correlates with duration of VF and predicts defibrillation outcome. We compared 4 therapeutic approaches to the treatment of VF of various durations...
- The effect of adenosine A1 receptor antagonism on return of spontaneous circulation and short-term survival in prolonged ventricular fibrillationTimothy J Mader
Department of Emergency Medicine, Baystate Medical Center Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 12:352-8. 2008..We have previously shown that ADO A1 receptor (ADOA1R) antagonism hastens the time-dependent decay in VF waveform morphology during the circulatory phase of cardiac arrest...
- Association of intramyocardial high energy phosphate concentrations with quantitative measures of the ventricular fibrillation electrocardiogram waveformDavid D Salcido
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15216, USA
Resuscitation 80:946-50. 2009..We sought to investigate the relationship between intramyocardial energy stores and four quantitative ECG measures...
- Adenosine A1 receptor antagonism hastens the decay in ventricular fibrillation waveform morphology during porcine cardiac arrestTimothy J Mader
The Department of Emergency Medicine, Baystate Medical Center Tufts University School of Medicine, 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA 01199, United States
Resuscitation 71:254-9. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine the effect of ADO receptor antagonism, as measured by the scaling exponent (ScE), on the degeneration of VF over time during the circulatory phase of cardiac arrest...