V. Franklin Sechriest
- Healthcare delivery aboard US Navy hospital ships following earthquake disasters: implications for future disaster relief missionsV Franklin Sechriest
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Disaster Med 7:281-94. 2012....
- Short-term physical and mental health outcomes for combat amputee and nonamputee extremity injury patientsTed Melcer
Medical Modeling, Simulation and Mission Support Department, Naval Health Research Center San Diego, San Diego, CA 92106, USA
J Orthop Trauma 27:e31-7. 2013....
- Total knee arthroplasty in a patient with pseudopseudohypoparathyroidismMichael R Fraser
Naval Medical Center San Diego, California 92134, USA
Orthopedics 34:e413-7. 2011..Because synovial osteochondromatosis and PPH share a common disorder of soft tissue calcification/ossification, as well as abnormal bone formation, this clinical finding does not seem merely coincidental...
- Prepatellar septic bursitis: a case report of skin necrosis associated with open bursectomyJames D Gendernalik
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Naval Medical Center San Diego, 34800 Bob Wilson Drive, San Diego, CA 92134, USA
Mil Med 174:666-9. 2009..Although skin necrosis is frequently cited as a complication of open bursectomy, there is limited information in the medical literature on the etiology and management of this rare but serious complication...
- Case report: reconstruction of a recalcitrant scapular neck nonunion and literature reviewDaniel J Marek
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:1370-6. 2009..Our case is described in detail, including the method of surgical reconstruction, and a review of the literature regarding surgical treatment of scapula nonunions after nonoperative treatment also is presented...
- Prolonged femoral external fixation after natural disaster: successful late conversion to intramedullary nail aboard the USNS Mercy hospital shipV Franklin Sechriest
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Naval Medical Center San Diego, California, USA
Am J Disaster Med 3:307-12. 2008..This report highlights the potential pitfalls of external fixation of femur fractures in an austere post-natural disaster environment where orthopaedic follow-up care may be delayed or nonexistent...
- Orthopaedic care aboard the USNS Mercy during Operation Unified Assistance after the 2004 Asian tsunami. A case seriesV Franklin Sechriest
Clinical Investigation Department, Naval Medical Center San Diego, 34800 Bob Wilson Drive, Suite 5, San Diego, CA 92134 1005, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:849-61. 2008
- Activity level in young patients with primary total hip arthroplasty: a 5-year minimum follow-upV Franklin Sechriest
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Arthroplasty 22:39-47. 2007..Femoral head diameter was a predictor of linear wear. The average gait cycles per year and wear rate for this population do not appear accelerated relative to average values reported in older populations...
- Operative compared with nonoperative treatment of a thoracolumbar burst fracture without neurological deficit. A prospective, randomized studyK Wood
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:773-81. 2003..Our hypothesis was that operative treatment would lead to superior long-term clinical outcomes...
- Reconstruction of a ruptured patellar tendon with achilles tendon allograft following total knee arthroplastyLawrence S Crossett
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 84:1354-61. 2002..Proper surgical management of this condition remains controversial. The purpose of this study was to review the results of reconstruction of a ruptured patellar tendon with an Achilles tendon allograft following total knee arthroplasty...
- Incidence of knee sepsis after ACL reconstruction at one institution: the impact of a clinical pathwayV Franklin Sechriest
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 4940 Eastern Ave, A665, Baltimore, MD 21224 2780, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:843-9, S1-6. 2013....