Kim A Margolin
Affiliation: Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Brain metastasis in melanoma: clinical activity of CTLA-4 antibody therapyKim A Margolin
Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
Semin Oncol 37:468-72. 2010..This chapter reviews the current data and the rationale for ongoing and future trials of combination cytotoxic plus immunomodulatory therapy by US and Italian multicenter trial groups...
- Introduction to the role of the immune system in melanomaKim Margolin
Medical Oncology, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, University of Washington, 825 Eastlake Avenue E, Seattle, WA 98109, USA Electronic address
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 28:537-58. 2014..Some patients, even with advanced disease, are now cured with immunotherapy, and increasing numbers of such cures are likely in future. ..
- Future perspectives in melanoma research. Meeting report from the "Melanoma Bridge. Napoli, December 2nd-4th 2012"Paolo A Ascierto
Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Fondazione G, Pascale, Naples, Italy
J Transl Med 11:137. 2013....
- A novel series of conferences tackling the hurdles confronting the translation of novel cancer immunotherapiesAdrian Bot
Kite Pharma Inc, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Transl Med 10:218. 2012..This Editorial provides highlights of the first event held earlier this year and outlines the focus of the second meeting to be held in 2013 that will be dedicated to stem cells and immunotherapy...
- Ipilimumab in patients with melanoma and brain metastases: an open-label, phase 2 trialKim Margolin
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Lancet Oncol 13:459-65. 2012..Ipilimumab improves survival in patients with advanced melanoma. We aimed to investigate the safety and activity of this drug specifically in patients with brain metastases...
- Randomized phase II trial of sorafenib with temsirolimus or tipifarnib in untreated metastatic melanoma (S0438)Kim A Margolin
University of Washington, SWOG Statistical Center, Seattle, WA98109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1129-37. 2012..The purpose of this trial was to prospectively evaluate 2 molecularly targeted drug combinations in patients with untreated metastatic melanoma...
- Summary of the primer on tumor immunology and the biological therapy of cancerYufeng Li
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Transl Med 7:11. 2009..We summarized the topics in this primer for public education. The related topic slides and schedule can be accessed online http://www.isbtc.org/meetings/am08/primer08...
- Phase II trial of sorafenib in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with metastatic uveal melanoma: SWOG S0512Shailender Bhatia
Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e48787. 2012..This phase II study was conducted by the SWOG cooperative group to evaluate the efficacy of sorafenib in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel (CP) in metastatic uveal melanoma...
- A phase II study of bevacizumab and high-dose interleukin-2 in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a Cytokine Working Group (CWG) studyUday B Dandamudi
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard School of Public Health Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Washington, DC St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY Earle A Chiles Research Institute Providence Cancer Center, Portland, OR Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA
J Immunother 36:490-5. 2013..Combining IL-2 plus bevacizumab is feasible, with a response rate and PFS at least as high as reported previously for the single agents. The regimen did not appear to enhance the rate of durable major responses over that of IL-2 alone. ..
- Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Phase III Trial of Yeast-Derived Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) Versus Peptide Vaccination Versus GM-CSF Plus Peptide Vaccination Versus Placebo in Patients With No Evidence of Disease After ComplDavid H Lawson
David H Lawson, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University, Atlanta, GA Sandra Lee and Fengmin Zhao, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Michael B Atkins, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA Ahmad A Tarhini, Theresa L Whiteside, Lisa H Butterfield, and John M Kirkwood, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA Kim A Margolin, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA Marc S Ernstoff, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH and Gary I Cohen, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
J Clin Oncol 33:4066-76. 2015....
- BEST: A Randomized Phase II Study of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor, RAF Kinase, and Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Combination Targeted Therapy With Bevacizumab, Sorafenib, and Temsirolimus in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma--A Trial of the ECOG-ACRIN CKeith T Flaherty
Keith T Flaherty, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Judith B Manola, Dana Farber Cancer Institute David F McDermott and Michael B Atkins, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA Michael Pins, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL Janice J Dutcher, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY Daniel J George, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC Kim A Margolin, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, University of Washington, Seattle, WA and Robert S DiPaola, Cancer Institute of New Jersey at Hamilton, New Brunswick, NJ
J Clin Oncol 33:2384-91. 2015....