Debra L Monticciolo
Affiliation: Scott and White Memorial Hospital
- The ACR Diagnostic Radiology In-Training Examination: evolution, current status, and future directionsDebra L Monticciolo
Texas A and M College of Medicine, College Station, Texas, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 7:132-7. 2010..This review article discusses the recent changes to the examination, outlines the examination development process, gives statistics and data from the most recent test administrations, and anticipates issues for future examinations...
- Postbiopsy confirmation of MR-detected lesions biopsied using ultrasoundDebra L Monticciolo
Department of Radiology, Texas A and M University College of Medicine, Bryan, TX, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 198:W618-20. 2012..The purpose of this article is to outline a quick and effective method of confirming MR-sonographic correlation for lesions detected with MRI but percutaneously biopsied using ultrasound...
- The American College of Radiology's BI-RADS 3 Classification in a Nationwide Screening Program: current assessment and comparison with earlier useDebra L Monticciolo
Section of Breast Imaging, Department of Radiology, Scott and White, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
Breast J 10:106-10. 2004..The persistent wide variability in category 3 indicates further education and attention to the use of this category is warranted...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the breast for cancer diagnosis and stagingDebra L Monticciolo
Department of Radiology, Texas A and M University School of Medicine, Scott and White Healthcare, Temple, USA
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 32:319-30. 2011..By understanding the strengths and weakness of this imaging method in cancer evaluation, we hope to highlight the appropriate uses of the technique...
- Breast conserving therapy with accelerated partial breast versus external beam whole breast irradiation: comparison of imaging sequela and complications in a matched populationDebra L Monticciolo
Department of Radiology, Scott and White Healthcare, Texas A and M College of Medicine, Temple, TX, USA
Breast J 17:187-90. 2011..There were three recurrences among the APBI group and none among those treated with external beam radiation...
- Histologic grading at breast core needle biopsy: comparison with results from the excised breast specimenDebra L Monticciolo
Texas A and M College of Medicine, Scott and White Hospital and Clinic, Temple, Texas 76504, USA
Breast J 11:9-14. 2005..Grading obtained by CNB, if changed by pathologic evaluation of the excised tumor, is most commonly upgraded. Differences, when they occurred, could not be attributed to tumor size, type, or the number of cores obtained...
- The ACR/Society of Breast Imaging Resident and Fellowship Training Curriculum for Breast Imaging, updatedDebra L Monticciolo
Scott and White Healthcare of Texas A and M University, Temple, Texas 76502, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 10:207-10.e4. 2013..This curricular update is meant to reflect these and other changes and to offer guidance to educators and trainees in preparing those interested in providing breast imaging services...
- American College Of Radiology/Society of Breast Imaging curriculum for resident and fellow education in breast imagingEdward A Sickles
University of California, San Francisco, Medical Center, Department of Radiology, San Francisco, CA 94143 1667, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 3:879-84. 2006..Radiologists already in practice also may find the curriculum useful in outlining the material they need to know to remain up to date in the practice of breast imaging...
- Six-Month Short-Interval Imaging Follow-Up for Benign Concordant Core Needle Biopsy of the Breast: Outcomes in 1444 Cases With Long-Term Follow-UpDebra L Monticciolo
1 Section of Breast Imaging, Department of Radiology, Baylor Scott and White Health of Texas A and M University, 2401 South 31st St, MS 01 W256, Temple, TX 76508
AJR Am J Roentgenol . 2016..The purpose of this study is to assess whether 6-month imaging follow-up after benign core needle breast biopsy is important for patient outcomes and whether it depends on nonspecific versus definitive benign biopsy results...
- How useful are new radiographic tools for detecting breast cancer?Debra L Monticciolo
Texas A and M University System, Health Science Center, College of Medicine, College Station, Texas, USA
Postgrad Med 115:76-7. 2004
- Professional and economic factors affecting access to mammography: a crisis today, or tomorrow? Results from a national surveyDione M Farria
Department of Radiology Breast Imaging, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Cancer 104:491-8. 2005..To gain insight into the practice patterns, use of emerging technologies, and concerns of breast imagers in current practice, the Society of Breast Imaging (SBI) conducted a national survey of breast imaging practices in the U.S...