Jake P Heiney
Affiliation: SBM Consulting
- Reduction and Stabilization of Depressed Articular Tibial Plateau Fractures: Comparison of Inflatable and Conventional Bone Tamps: Study of a Cadaver ModelJake P Heiney
University of Toledo Medical Center, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614 E mail address
J Bone Joint Surg Am 96:1273-1279. 2014....
- Difficult leg wounds successfully closed with decortication, bioresorbable ECM and NPWTJ Heiney
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Toledo Medical Center, Ohio, USA
J Wound Care 22:314-6. 2013..This case demonstrates integration of multiple modalities for complex wound closure...
- Subjective and novel objective radiographic evaluation of inflatable bone tamp treatment of articular calcaneus, tibial plateau, tibial pilon and distal radius fracturesJake P Heiney
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH, USA
Injury 44:1127-34. 2013..There are many potential benefits that remain speculative to this type of tool within a procedure, and therefore this tool and technique warrants further research. ..
- Distal femoral fixation: a biomechanical comparison of retrograde nail, retrograde intramedullary nail, and prototype locking retrograde nailJake P Heiney
University of Toledo Medical Center, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 27:692-6. 2012..Presently, there is a need for different constructs to address these complex fractures. This study attempts to define the biomechanical properties of several implants...
- Impact magnitudes applied by surgeons and their importance when applying the femoral head onto the Morse taper for total hip arthroplastyJake P Heiney
Department of Orthopaedics, ProMedica Health System, Harris McIntosh Tower, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:793-6. 2009..This study was designed to test whether the number of impacts, the experience of the surgeon or impact force made significant difference in pull off forces...
- Biomechanical comparison of three second-generation reconstruction nails in an unstable subtrochanteric femur fracture modelJ Heiney
Department of Orthopaedics, PorMedica Health System, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 222:959-66. 2008..This biomechanical information may aid in choosing implants for fixation of unstable, subtrochanteric femur fractures...
- Distal femoral fixation: a biomechanical comparison of trigen retrograde intramedullary (i.m.) nail, dynamic condylar screw (DCS), and locking compression plate (LCP) condylar plateJake P Heiney
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, ProMedica Health System, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Trauma 66:443-9. 2009..The purpose of this study was to establish if there are biomechanical differences between implants in stiffness of construct, microdisplacement, and fatigue failure in a supracondylar femoral fracture model...
- Percutaneous inflation osteoplasty for indirect reduction of depressed tibial plateau fracturesJens Hahnhaussen
Department of Orthopaedics, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Orthopedics 35:768-72. 2012..This technique is a valid alternative for indirect reduction of depressed articular tibial plateau fractures...
- An examination and discussion of unintended consequences of being an employed physicianJake P Heiney
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH
J Orthop Trauma 27:S17-21. 2013..Finally, introduced are some advocacy steps that we, as orthopaedic surgeons, should consider to continue to improve medicine and our work environments...