R D Wolfinger
Affiliation: SAS Institute
- Analysis of variation of amplitudes in cell cycle gene expressionDelong Liu
CIIT Ceters for Health Research, 6 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Theor Biol Med Model 2:46. 2005..We investigated whether different cell-arresting methods have impacts on the maximum expression levels (amplitudes) of a cell cycle related gene...
- Simultaneous clustering of gene expression data with clinical chemistry and pathological evaluations reveals phenotypic prototypesPierre R Bushel
National Center for Toxicogenomics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
BMC Syst Biol 1:15. 2007..The inability of clustering algorithms to incorporate biological data in the grouping process can limit proper interpretation of the data and its underlying biology...
- The balance of reproducibility, sensitivity, and specificity of lists of differentially expressed genes in microarray studiesLeming Shi
National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S10. 2008..The resultant variety of existing and emerging methods exacerbates confusion and continuing debate in the microarray community on the appropriate choice of methods for identifying reliable DEG lists...
- Comparison of transcriptional responses in liver tissue and primary hepatocyte cell cultures after exposure to hexahydro-1, 3, 5-trinitro-1, 3, 5-triazineEdward J Perkins
US Army Engineer Research and Development Center, 3909 Halls Ferry Road, Vicksburg, MS, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 7:S22. 2006..In this work, we compare transcriptional responses in livers of Sprague-Dawley rats and primary hepatocyte cells after exposure to RDX to determine how faithfully the in vitro model system reflects in vivo responses...
- Nonconjugate Bayesian analysis of variance component modelsR D Wolfinger
SAS Institute, Inc, Cary, North Carolina 27513, USA
Biometrics 56:768-74. 2000..We demonstrate the ease of application and flexibility of this approach in familiar settings involving both balanced and unbalanced data...
- Assessing gene significance from cDNA microarray expression data via mixed modelsR D Wolfinger
SAS Institute Inc, Cary, NC 27513, USA
J Comput Biol 8:625-37. 2001..We also suggest some basic graphics for visualizing lists of significant genes. Analyses of published experiments studying human cancer and yeast cells illustrate the results...