Ryan W Davis
Affiliation: Sandia National Laboratories
- Growth of mono- and mixed cultures of Nannochloropsis salina and Phaeodactylum tricornutum on struvite as a nutrient sourceRyan W Davis
Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA, United States Electronic address
Bioresour Technol 198:577-85. 2015....
- Antimicrobial peptide interactions with silica bead supported bilayers and E. coli: buforin II, magainin II, and arenicinRyan W Davis
Electronic and Nanostructured Materials, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM 87185 0892, USA
J Pept Sci 15:511-22. 2009..Finally, we discuss how the data lead to a deeper understanding of the roles of membrane penetration and permeabilization in the action of these AMPs...
- Accurate detection of low levels of fluorescence emission in autofluorescent background: francisella-infected macrophage cellsRyan W Davis
Sandia National Laboratories, 7011 East Avenue, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
Microsc Microanal 16:478-87. 2010..In addition to discussing the advantages of spectral imaging for following pathogen invasion, we present the spectral properties and cellular origin of macrophage autofluorescence...
- Cell-directed integration into three-dimensional lipid-silica nanostructured matricesJason C Harper
Department of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
ACS Nano 4:5539-50. 2010..It promises a new means to integrate "bio" with "nano" into platforms useful to study and manipulate cellular behavior at the individual cell level and to interface living organisms with electronics, photonics, and fluidics...
- Multiplex fluorometric assessment of nutrient limitation as a strategy for enhanced lipid enrichment and harvesting of Neochloris oleoabundansRyan W Davis
Sandia National Laboratories, Biomass Science and Conversion Technology Department, 7011 East Avenue, Livermore, California, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 109:2503-12. 2012..Furthermore, an increase in cell size, indicated by forward scatter, was also found to correlate with increased neutral lipid, providing a size selection mechanism for passive harvest of algal cells at peak lipid enrichment...
- Nanoporous microbead supported bilayers: stability, physical characterization, and incorporation of functional transmembrane proteinsRyan W Davis
Department of Chemistry, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Langmuir 23:3864-72. 2007....
- Small, mobile FcepsilonRI receptor aggregates are signaling competentNicholas L Andrews
Department of Pathology and Cancer Research and Treatment Center, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Immunity 31:469-79. 2009..We propose that immobility is a feature of highly crosslinked immunoreceptor aggregates and a trigger for receptor internalization, but is not required for tyrosine kinase activation leading to secretion...