Susan S Philip
Affiliation: San Francisco General Hospital
- Serosorting is associated with a decreased risk of HIV seroconversion in the EXPLORE Study CohortSusan S Philip
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:. 2010....
- Using surveillance data to monitor entry into care of newly diagnosed HIV-infected persons: San Francisco, 2006-2007Nicola M Zetola
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
BMC Public Health 9:17. 2009..Here, we report the usefulness of routine monitoring of CD4 T cell counts and plasma HIV viral load as measures of entry into care after HIV diagnosis...
- Evaluation of a new point-of-care serologic assay for herpes simplex virus type 2 infectionSusan S Philip
Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention and Control Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California 94103, USA
Clin Infect Dis 47:e79-82. 2008..1, the rapid test was found to have a sensitivity of 97%, a specificity of 98%, a positive predictive value of 92%, and a negative predictive value of 99%. Increasing the cutoff index value to 3.5 increased the test sensitivity to 100%...
- Male to female and female to male transgender persons have different sexual risk behaviors yet similar rates of STDs and HIVSally C Stephens
STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, CA 94103, USA
AIDS Behav 15:683-6. 2011..Despite demographic and behavioral risk differences, there were no differences in STD positivity or HIV prevalence between MTF and FTM. A more complete understanding of the prevention needs for transgender persons is needed...
- The effectiveness of patient-delivered partner therapy and chlamydial and gonococcal reinfection in San FranciscoSally C Stephens
STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:525-9. 2010..Patient-delivered partner therapy (PDPT) has been evaluated in randomized trials. No analysis has examined the impact of PDPT once implemented programmatically...
- Rectal gonorrhea and chlamydia reinfection is associated with increased risk of HIV seroconversionKyle T Bernstein
Epidemiology, Research and Surveillance, STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:537-43. 2010..HIV infection continues to disproportionately affect men who have sex with men (MSM). Identification of modifiable risk factors for HIV infection among MSM is critical for effective prevention...
- Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae transmission from the oropharynx to the urethra among men who have sex with menKyle T Bernstein
STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California 94102, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:1793-7. 2009..We examined urethral C. trachomatis and N. gonorrhoeae positivity among men who have sex with men (MSM) seen at San Francisco City Clinic (San Francisco, CA) during 2007...
- Reduction in unnecessary Chlamydia screening among older women at title X-funded family planning sites following a structural intervention--San Francisco, 2009Kyle T Bernstein
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:127-9. 2011..A structural intervention designed to reduce unnecessary chlamydia screening among older women resulted in a 24.4% reduction in test volume and an associated cost savings of nearly $40,000...
- Detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Rectal and Oropharyngeal Swabs and Urine Specimens from Men Who Have Sex With Men with Abbott's M2000 RealTimeJeanne Moncada
From the Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA and Abbott Molecular Inc, Des Plaines, IL
Sex Transm Dis 42:650-1. 2015..Overall, there were 25 CT and 44 GC AC2 positives, and 26 CT and 38 GC RealTime positives. For total negatives, there were 742 CT and 725 GC for AC2, 744 CT and 724 GC for RealTime. ..
- Using the Neisseria gonorrhoeae multiantigen sequence-typing method to assess strain diversity and antibiotic resistance in San Francisco, CaliforniaSean Buono
San Francisco Department of Public Health Laboratory, San Francisco, California 94102, USA
Microb Drug Resist 18:510-7. 2012..A better understanding of the relationships between phenotypic and genotypic markers for antimicrobial resistance may be helpful to the development of effective surveillance systems for drug-resistant N. gonorrhoeae...