Affiliation: San Diego State University
- What respondents recall about walking and what self-report items elicit about walkingMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
Joint Doctoral Program, Public Health, Epidemiology, San Diego State University University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA 92093 0607, USA
Prev Med 38:227-36. 2004..Research on the cognitive processing of survey questions suggests that the distribution of walking bouts (e.g., mean, skew) may influence retrospective self-report responses...
- Comparative validation of the IPAQ and the 7-Day PAR among women diagnosed with breast cancerMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
San Diego State University Research Foundation, 9245 Sky Park Court, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 3:7. 2006..The criterion-related validity and measurement bias of the long form of the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ) was compared to the 7-Day Physical Activity Recall (PAR)...
- Assessment of dietary intakes of Filipino-Americans: implications for food frequency questionnaire designMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 43:505-10. 2011....
- Recall strategies used by respondents to complete a food frequency questionnaire: an exploratory studyMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
San Diego State University Foundation, CA 92123, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 106:430-3. 2006..The recall strategies identified in this study may serve as cues to be included on food frequency questionnaires to aid recall and thus improve accuracy of self-reported dietary intake...
- Adolescents validly report their exposure to secondhand smokeMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
Center for Behavioral Epidemiology and Community Health, Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 63:914-9. 2010..This study examined the validity of child-reported exposure to secondhand smoke (SHS) and investigated factors, such as child's age, which might affect accuracy of recall...
- Fidelity issues in secondhand smoking interventions for childrenMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:1677-90. 2008..Enhancing methodological and theoretical fidelity will speed identification of valid theoretical precepts that will, in turn, guide effective public health prevention programs...
- Colorectal cancer screening of Californian adults of Mexican origin as a function of acculturationMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 12:454-61. 2010..Californian Latinos have lower rates of colorectal cancer (CRC) screening compared to non-Latino whites, which may account in part for disparities in colorectal incidence trends...
- Colorectal cancer test use among Californians of Mexican origin: influence of language barriersMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, USA
Ethn Dis 19:315-22. 2009....
- Using recall cues to improve measurement of dietary intakes with a food frequency questionnaire in an ethnically diverse population: an exploratory studyGeorg E Matt
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, CA 92182 4611, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 106:1209-17. 2006....
- Validation of the WHI brief physical activity questionnaire among women diagnosed with breast cancerMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
San Diego State University Research Foundation, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Health Behav 31:193-202. 2007..To investigate the psychometric properties of the physical activity (PA) measure of the Women's Health Initiative (WHI)...
- Coffee consumption and cognitive function among older adultsMarilyn Johnson-Kozlow
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Am J Epidemiol 156:842-50. 2002..Lifetime and current exposure to caffeine may be associated with better cognitive performance among women, especially among those aged 80 or more years...