Affiliation: San Diego State University
- Quantitation of hepatitis A virus and enterovirus levels in the lagoon canals and Lido beach of Venice, Italy, using real-time RT-PCRMichael A Rose
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, CA 92182, USA
Water Res 40:2387-96. 2006..9 x 10(-3) - 6.1 x 10(-2), yielding a disease risk at or below the level (5% for gastroenteritis) deemed acceptable by European Guide standards...
- Effect of the South Bay Ocean Outfall (SBOO) on ocean beach water quality near the USA-Mexico borderRichard Gersberg
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, USA
Int J Environ Health Res 18:149-58. 2008..Only four of the 11 shoreline stations (S2, S3, S11, and S12) showed significant improvement (decreased frequency of exceedence of bacterial indicator thresholds) after SBOO discharge began...
- Temporal pattern of toxicity in runoff from the Tijuana River WatershedRichard M Gersberg
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Water Res 38:559-68. 2004....
- Quantitative detection of hepatitis a virus and enteroviruses near the United States-Mexico border and correlation with levels of fecal indicator bacteriaRichard M Gersberg
Graduate School of Public Health, Department of Biology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:7438-44. 2006..61, P<0.0001) and enterovirus (R2>0.70, P<0.0001), a finding that supports the use of conventional bacterial indicators to predict the levels of these viruses in recreational marine waters...
- Detection and quantification of hepatitis A virus in seawater via real-time RT-PCRHilary A Brooks
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, CA, USA
J Virol Methods 127:109-18. 2005..The sensitivity, quantitative ability and the high throughput nature of SYBR Green real-time RT-PCR will be useful in monitoring HAV contamination in seawater...