J J Puetz
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- Widespread use of fresh frozen plasma in US children's hospitals despite limited evidence demonstrating a beneficial effectJohn Puetz
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Saint Louis University, Cardinal Glennon Children s Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Pediatr 160:210-215.e1. 2012..To determine the pattern, prevalence and potential complications of fresh frozen plasma (FFP) use in US pediatric hospitals from 2002-2009...
- High-titre factor VIII inhibitor in two children with mild haemophilia AJ J Puetz
Hemophilia Treatment Center, Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Haemophilia 7:215-9. 2001..We wish to report our experience with an additional two children with mild haemophilia A and high titre inhibitors, and offer suggestions for the management of these children...
- Combination therapy with ribavirin and interferon in a cohort of children with hepatitis C and haemophilia followed at a pediatric haemophilia treatment centerJ Puetz
Division of Pediatric Hemostasis, Department of Pediatrics, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Haemophilia 10:87-93. 2004..Given the toxicity of combination therapy, and natural history of hepatitis C infection in children, consideration of a liver biopsy to evaluate disease progression prior to considering antiviral medications is warranted...
- Congenital deficiency of vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors associated with central nervous system anomaliesJohn Puetz
Hemophilia Treatment Center, 1465 S Grand, St Louis Missouri, 63104, USA
Thromb Haemost 91:819-21. 2004
- Platelet function disorder in Gardner-Diamond syndrome: a case report and review of the literatureJohn Puetz
Division of Hemostasis, Department of Pediatrics, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, 1465 S Grand, St Louis, MO, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:323-5. 2005..To date, all patients with Gardner-Diamond syndrome reported to have undergone platelet aggregation studies have had abnormal results...
- Thrombotic events in neonates receiving recombinant factor VIIa or fresh frozen plasmaJohn Puetz
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Saint Louis University, SSM Cardinal Glennon Children s Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:1074-8. 2009..The prevalence of thrombotic events in these neonates is completely unknown. This study was initiated to determine the risk of thrombotic events associated with rFVIIa use in neonates...
- Fresh frozen plasma and recombinant factor VIIa use in neonatesJohn Puetz
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Saint Louis University, SSM Cardinal Glennon Children s Medical Center, South Grand, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:901-6. 2009..Little recent data are available describing fresh frozen plasma (FFP) use in neonates. The purpose of this study was to determine the outcomes of FFP transfusions in neonates...
- Optimal use of recombinant factor VIIa in the control of bleeding episodes in hemophilic patientsJohn Puetz
Department of Pediatrics, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Drug Des Devel Ther 4:127-37. 2010..5 million doses of rFVIIa have been given to inhibitor patients, with an excellent efficacy and safety record. Because of its short half-life, alternative means of dosing and infusing rFVIIa have been explored and are reviewed here...