Affiliation: Saint Anselm College
- Employment and breastfeeding outcomes in a sample of black women in the United StatesDeborah McCarter-Spaulding
Saint Anselm College, Department of Nursing, 100 Saint Anselm Drive 1745, Manchester, NH 03102, USA
J Natl Black Nurses Assoc 22:38-45. 2011..Interdisciplinary research is needed to address health and economic issues of maternity leave and to eliminate racial disparities...
- How does postpartum depression affect breastfeeding?Deborah McCarter-Spaulding
William F Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 32:10-7. 2007..To examine patterns of exclusive breastfeeding, combination feeding, and exclusive bottle-feeding among a sample of women identified at 2-4 weeks postpartum with positive PPD symptoms...
- Effectiveness of Discharge Education on Postpartum DepressionDeborah McCarter-Spaulding
Deborah McCarter Spaulding is an Assistant Professor, Department of Nursing, Saint Anselm College, and Staff Nurse, The Mom s Place, Catholic Medical Center, Manchester, NH She can be reached via e mail at Stephen Shea is an Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 41:168-72. 2016..To determine effectiveness of an educational intervention in reducing or preventing symptoms of postpartum depression (PPD)...
- Is breastfeeding fair? Tensions in feminist perspectives on breastfeeding and the familyDeborah McCarter-Spaulding
Department of Nursing, St Anselm College, Manchester, NH 03109, USA
J Hum Lact 24:206-12. 2008..Employment and race disparities are addressed within feminist contexts. Feminist health activism is suggested as a unifying perspective...
- Breastfeeding self-efficacy in women of African descentDeborah McCarter-Spaulding
Department of Nursing, St Anselm College, 100 St Anselm Drive, Manchester, NH 03102, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 38:230-43. 2009..To determine whether breastfeeding self-efficacy predicts the duration and pattern of breastfeeding in a sample of Black women of African descent...
- Teenage mothers and breastfeeding: does paternal age make a difference?Holly M Harner
William F Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
J Hum Lact 20:404-8. 2004..Implications for future research and clinical nursing practice are presented...