Anjali D Deshpande
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- Environmental correlates of physical activity among individuals with diabetes in the rural midwestAnjali D Deshpande
Department of Community Health, Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, 3545 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 300, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Diabetes Care 28:1012-8. 2005..To determine the relationship between physical and social environment attributes and levels of physical activity in a population-based sample of diabetic individuals living in rural areas...
- Hospital and geographic variability in thirty-day all-cause mortality following colorectal cancer surgeryMario Schootman
Department of Epidemiology, Saint Louis University College for Public Health, 3545 Lafayette Ave, St Louis, MO 63104 Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO
Health Serv Res 49:1145-64. 2014....
- The association between chronic disease burden and quality of life among breast cancer survivors in MissouriAnjali D Deshpande
Department of Medicine, Division of Health Behavior Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 4444 Forest Park Avenue, Suite 6700, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:877-86. 2011..These differences were not fully explained by relevant covariates. Identifying modifiable targets for intervention will be critical for improving QOL outcomes among survivors who have other chronic health conditions...
- Different effects of multiple health status indicators on breast and colorectal cancer screening in a nationally representative US sampleAnjali D Deshpande
Division of Health Behavior Research, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Cancer Epidemiol 36:270-5. 2012..To examine the independent associations between multiple health status indicators and breast and colorectal cancer screening (CRCS) in a national US sample...
- Temporal trends in area socioeconomic disparities in breast-cancer incidence and mortality, 1988-2005Mario Schootman
Division of Health Behavior Research, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Box 8504, 4444 Forest Park Avenue, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:533-43. 2010..Efforts to target counties aimed at increasing breast-cancer screening based on their level of deprivation will not likely be beneficial...
- Barriers to evidence-based decision making in public health: a national survey of chronic disease practitionersJulie A Jacobs
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, St Louis, MO, USA
Public Health Rep 125:736-42. 2010..This study investigated state and territorial chronic disease practitioners' self-reported barriers to evidence-based decision making (EBDM)...
- Poorer survival outcomes for male breast cancer compared with female breast cancer may be attributable to in-stage migrationJennifer L Gnerlich
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:1837-44. 2011..Male breast cancer accounts for less than 1% of all breast cancers, yet males have a worse prognosis than females with breast cancer...
- Selected sociocultural correlates of physical activity among African-American adultsSalimah A Cogbill
Health Communication Research Laboratory, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO, USA
Ethn Health 16:625-41. 2011..This paper explores the association of selected sociocultural characteristics with self-reported PA by gender among African-American adults, taking into account demographic and health-related characteristics...
- Physical activity and diabetes: opportunities for prevention through policyAnjali D Deshpande
Division of Health Behavior Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 4444 Forest Park Ave, Box 8504, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Phys Ther 88:1425-35. 2008..Policy interventions to increase population levels of physical activity show promise for diabetes prevention. Physical therapists are uniquely suited to influence primary prevention efforts for diabetes...
- Epidemiology of diabetes and diabetes-related complicationsAnjali D Deshpande
Division of Health Behavior Research, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Phys Ther 88:1254-64. 2008..In 2050, the number of people in the United States with diagnosed diabetes is estimated to grow to 48.3 million...
- Inflammatory monocyte mobilization decreases patient survival in pancreatic cancer: a role for targeting the CCL2/CCR2 axisDominic E Sanford
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:3404-15. 2013..To determine the role of the CCL2/CCR2 axis and inflammatory monocytes (CCR2(+)/CD14(+)) as immunotherapeutic targets in the treatment of pancreatic cancer...
- Microscopic margins and patterns of treatment failure in resected pancreatic adenocarcinomaJennifer L Gnerlich
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Arch Surg 147:753-60. 2012..To correlate microscopic margin status with survival and local control in a large cohort of patients from a high-volume pancreatic cancer center...
- Understanding the contex for physical activity in urban African AmericansAnjali Deshpande; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..