Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- A patient with biventricular dysplasiaPreben Bjerregaard
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Saint Louis University Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
J Electrocardiol 35:289-92. 2002
- ST segment analysis by Holter Monitoring: methodological considerationsPreben Bjerregaard
Division of Cardiology, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 8:200-7. 2003..In 45% J-point depression was required in addition to ST segment depression measured either 60 ms (24%) or 80 ms (76%) after the J point. In 28% ST segment elevations were included...
- Targeted therapy for short QT syndromePreben Bjerregaard
Division of Cardiology, Saint Louis University Hospital, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Expert Opin Ther Targets 10:393-400. 2006..In addition to pharmacological strategies, gene therapy with transfer of genes coding for specific ion channel subunits or regulatory proteins are discussed...
- Short QT syndrome: mechanisms, diagnosis and treatmentPreben Bjerregaard
Electrophysiology and Pacemaker Service, Saint Louis University Hospital, MO 63110, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 2:84-7. 2005..The best form of treatment is still unknown, but prevention of atrial fibrillation has been accomplished by propafenone. Implantation of an implantable cardioverter defibrillator is recommended for prevention of sudden cardiac death...
- Short QT syndromePreben Bjerregaard
Saint Louis University Hospital, 12th Floor, 2635 Vista Avenue at Grand, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 10:436-40. 2005..The best form of treatment is still not known, but prevention of atrial fibrillation has been accomplished by propafenone, and an implantable cardioverter defibrillator is recommended for prevention of SCD...
- Short QT interval in clinical practicePreben Bjerregaard
Division of Cardiology, VA Medical Center and Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
J Electrocardiol 43:390-5. 2010....
- Case reportsPreben Bjerregaard
VA Medical Center, Saint Louis, MO, USA
J Electrocardiol 41:83. 2008
- Expert's opinion. Profound hypothermia mimicking Brugada type ECGPreben Bjerregaard
St Louis University Hospital, St Louis, MO, USA
J Electrocardiol 36:261. 2003
- Clinical heterogeneity in sodium channelopathies. What is the meaning of carrying a genetic mutation?Antonio Oliva
Catholic University, School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Cardiology 110:116-22. 2008..Clinical decision making in this situation is complex and generates important ethical and medicolegal issues...
- Short QT syndrome--5 years of progressIhor Gussak
J Electrocardiol 38:375-7. 2005
- Short QT syndrome and atrial fibrillation caused by mutation in KCNH2Kui Hong
Molecular Genetics, Masonic Medical Research Laboratory, Utica, New York, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 16:394-6. 2005..A genetic basis has been identified linking the disease to mutations in KCNH2 in the familial forms and a mutation in KCNQ1 in a sporadic form of the disease...
- Brugada syndrome--10 years laterPreben Bjerregaard
J Electrocardiol 35:85-6. 2002
- Electrocardiographic "lambda" wave and primary idiopathic cardiac asystole: a new clinical syndrome?Ihor Gussak
eResearch Technology, Inc, Bridgewater, NJ 08807 2912, USA
J Electrocardiol 37:105-7. 2004
- Rate control in patients with chronic atrial fibrillationPreben Bjerregaard
Am J Cardiol 93:329-32. 2004
- An illustration of how physicians continue to interpret electrocardiographic artifacts as arrhythmiasPreben Bjerregaard
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 25:1149; author reply 1149-50. 2002
- ECG phenomenon of idiopathic and paradoxical short QT intervalsIhor Gussak
Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Bridgewater, NJ 08807 0800, USA
Card Electrophysiol Rev 6:49-53. 2002