Courtenay E Cavanaugh
Affiliation: Rutgers University
- Gender-specific profiles of adverse childhood experiences, past year mental and substance use disorders, and their associations among a national sample of adults in the United StatesCourtenay E Cavanaugh
Department of Psychology, Rutgers University, 311 North Fifth Street, Camden, NJ, 08102, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 50:1257-66. 2015..This study examined profiles of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and mental and substance use disorders (MSUDs), and associations between distinct profiles of ACEs and MSUDs...
- Mental disorders associated with subpopulations of women affected by violence and abuseCourtenay E Cavanaugh
Department of Psychology, Rutgers University, Camden, New Jersey 08102, USA
J Trauma Stress 26:459-66. 2013..Findings suggest the mental health consequences of IVA among women are extensive and interventions should be tailored for distinct subpopulations affected by IVA. ..
- Brief report: the influence of posttraumatic stress on unprotected sex among sexually active adolescent girls and boys involved in the child welfare system of the United StatesCourtenay E Cavanaugh
Department of Psychology, Rutgers University, 311 North Fifth Street, Camden, NJ 08102, United States Electronic address
J Adolesc 36:835-7. 2013..Research is needed to 1) understand the mechanisms linking PTS and RSB, 2) further explore gender differences reported here, and 3) inform RSB interventions in this high-risk population. ..
- Examining racial/ethnic disparities in sexually transmitted diseases among recent heroin-using and cocaine-using womenCourtenay E Cavanaugh
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:197-205. 2011..This study examined racial differences in the prevalence of sexual risk behaviors and their associations with sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) among recent heroin-using and cocaine-using women...
- Prevalence and correlates of suicidal behavior among adult female victims of intimate partner violenceCourtenay E Cavanaugh
Rutgers University, Department of Psychology, Camden, NJ 08102, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 41:372-83. 2011..Finally, African American IPV victims were less likely to have threatened or attempted suicide as compared to Latina victims. Study implications are discussed...
- HIV sexual risk behavior among low-income women experiencing intimate partner violence: the role of posttraumatic stress disorderCourtenay E Cavanaugh
Department of Mental Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 2213 McElderry Street, 4th Floor, M409, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
AIDS Behav 14:318-27. 2010..Women with IPV-related PTSD had four times greater odds of recent sexual risk behavior compared to women without IPV-related PTSD. Implications for HIV prevention interventions are discussed...