Susan M Swider
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Outcome effectiveness of community health workers: an integrative literature reviewSusan M Swider
Department of Community and Mental Health Nursing, College of Nursing, Rush University, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Public Health Nurs 19:11-20. 2002..Further research is required with an emphasis on stronger study design, documentation of CHW activities, and carefully defined target populations...
- The Mexican-American Trial of Community Health workers (MATCH): design and baseline characteristics of a randomized controlled trial testing a culturally tailored community diabetes self-management interventionSteven K Rothschild
Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, 1700 W Van Buren, Suite 470, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:369-77. 2012..This paper describes methods used to overcome limitations of prior studies...
- Options for sustaining school-based health centersSusan M Swider
Dept of Community and Mental Health Nursing, Rush University, 600 S Paulina, 1028B, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Sch Health 74:115-8. 2004....
- Community/public health nursing practice leaders' views of the doctorate of nursing practiceSusan M Swider
Department of Community, Systems and Mental Health Nursing, Rush University Medical Center, 600 S Paulina, 1080, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Public Health Nurs 26:405-11. 2009..This paper presents thoughts of practice leaders in the community/public health nursing (C/PHN) specialty on advanced nursing practice (ANP) and the necessary educational preparation for such practice...
- Home asthma triggers: barriers to asthma control in Chicago Puerto Rican childrenMolly A Martin
Rush University Medical Center RUMC, Department of Preventive Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 24:813-27. 2013..The data from this high-risk cohort identified modifiable areas where environmental interventions could reduce morbidity in Puerto Rican children and adolescents...
- Recruitment of Mexican American adults for an intensive diabetes intervention trialMolly A Martin
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Preventive Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Ethn Dis 21:7-12. 2011..Effective behavioral diabetes interventions for Mexican Americans are needed. Our study focused on efforts to recruit Mexican American adults for a trial testing a diabetes community health worker (CHW) self-management intervention...
- Embracing a competency-based specialty curriculum for community-based nursing rolesPamela F Levin
Department of Community, Systems and Mental Health Nursing, College of Nursing, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois
Public Health Nurs 30:557-65. 2013..This work guides the development of a doctorate of nursing practice curriculum in PHN, encompassing the four additional community-based specialties...
- Project MATCH: training for a promotora interventionSusan M Swider
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Preventive Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Diabetes Educ 36:98-108. 2010....