S L Pinski
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Defibrillator implantation via the iliac veinS L Pinski
Section of Cardiology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 23:1315-7. 2000..Addition of a subcutaneous patch was required to obtain an adequate safety margin for defibrillation...
- Emergencies related to implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorsS L Pinski
Section of Cardiology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center and Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Crit Care Med 28:N174-80. 2000..ICD system infection requires hardware removal and intravenous antibiotic therapy. Deactivation of an ICD with the consent of the patient or relatives is reasonable and ethical in terminally ill patients...
- Concealed accessory pathway manifesting clinically only after pacemaker implantationS L Pinski
Section of Cardiology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 23:1567-9. 2000..ECGs suggested a concealed left posterior accessory pathway that was confirmed during electrophysiological study. Effective palliation was achieved with extension of the PVARP and enabling noncompetitive atrial pacing operation...
- Determinants of outcome in patients with sustained ventricular tachyarrhythmias: the antiarrhythmics versus implantable defibrillators (AVID) study registryS L Pinski
Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am Heart J 139:804-13. 2000....
- Interference with cardiac pacingS L Pinski
Department of Medicine, Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cardiol Clin 18:219-39, x. 2000..Radiofrequency ablation requires concomitant temporary pacing. MR imaging remains contraindicated in patients with these devices until further study is undertaken...
- Antiarrhythmic drug initiation in patients with atrial fibrillationS L Pinski
Section of Cardiology, Rush Medical College and Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 42:75-90. 1999..The incidence of severe proarrhythmia is very low when loading doses of amiodarone of 600 mg/d or less are given to outpatients with structural heart disease...
- A comparison of 50-J versus 100-J shocks for direct-current cardioversion of atrial flutterS L Pinski
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am Heart J 137:439-42. 1999..Although an initial energy of 50 J is recommended, the optimal energy settings have not been evaluated in a large series of contemporary patients...
- Lethal ventricular arrhythmias following one-step pacemaker reprogramming for rapid tracking of atrial tachyarrhythmiasS L Pinski
Section of Cardiology, Rush Medical College and Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60025, USA
Am J Cardiol 87:349-50, A9. 2001..The pacing rate should be reduced by multistep programming over several days...
- The right ventricular tachycardiasS L Pinski
Section of Cardiology, Rush Medical College and Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60025, USA
J Electrocardiol 33:103-14. 2000..The accessory connection is ablated at the level of the tricuspid ring...
- Inappropriate pacing due to autoperpetuation of the ventricular rate stabilization algorithm: a manifestation of T wave oversensing by ICDsS L Pinski
Section of Cardiology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 23:1446-7. 2000..The problem was solved by decreasing the maximum sensitivity from 0.3 mV to 0.45 mV. Implant testing had revealed adequate sensing of ventricular fibrillation with a maximum sensitivity of 1.2 mV...
- Acute myocardial infarction and complete bundle branch block at hospital admission: clinical characteristics and outcome in the thrombolytic era. GUSTO-I Investigators. Global Utilization of Streptokinase and t-PA [tissue-type plasminogen activator] for OE B Sgarbossa
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 31:105-10. 1998..We sought to assess the outcome of patients with acute myocardial infarction (MI) and bundle branch block in the thrombolytic era...
- Is hospital admission for initiation of antiarrhythmic therapy with sotalol for atrial arrhythmias required? Yield of in-hospital monitoring and prediction of risk for significant arrhythmia complicationsM K Chung
Department of Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 32:169-76. 1998....
- Inactivation of a ventricular tachycardia preventive algorithm during automatic mode switching for atrial tachyarrhythmiaL E Eguía
Section of Cardiology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center and Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60025, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 24:252-3. 2001..A patient with a dual chamber implantable defibrillator and pause dependent VT in whom a rate smoothing algorithm failed to operate during automatic mode switching due to device idiosyncrasy is reported. Preventive measures are discussed...
- Negative T waves shortly after ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction are a powerful marker for improved survival rateE B Sgarbossa
Section of Cardiology, Rush Presbyterian Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am Heart J 140:385-94. 2000....
- Characteristics of the signal-averaged P wave in orthotopic heart transplant recipientsA S Volgman
Section of Cardiology, Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 21:2327-30. 1998..There was good interobserver agreement in the measurement of filtered P wave duration (r = 0.91; P < 0.0001)...