Brian P Lucas
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Effects of 2- vs 4-week attending physician inpatient rotations on unplanned patient revisits, evaluations by trainees, and attending physician burnout: a randomized trialBrian P Lucas
Department of Medicine, Cook County Health and Hospitals System and Rush Medical College, 1900 W Polk St, Room 520, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
JAMA 308:2199-207. 2012..Data are sparse on the effect of varying the durations of internal medicine attending physician ward rotations...
- Relation of cardiac ventricular repolarization and global cognitive performance in a community populationBrian P Lucas
Department of Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:1169-73. 2010..Nevertheless, the significant association observed with T wave nondipolar voltage suggests that the cardiac effects of heart disease are associated with cognitive declines...
- Impact of a bedside procedure service on general medicine inpatients: A firm-based trialBrian P Lucas
Department of Medicine, John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, and Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Hosp Med 2:143-9. 2007..Procedure services may improve the training of bedside procedures. However, little is known about how procedure services may affect the demand for and success of procedures performed on general medicine inpatients...
- A hospitalist-run short-stay unit: features that predict length-of-stay and eventual admission to traditional inpatient servicesBrian P Lucas
Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, Stroger Hospital of Cook County and Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Hosp Med 4:276-84. 2009..Short-stay units (SSUs) provide an alternative to traditional inpatient services for patients with short anticipated hospital stays. Yet little is known about which patient types predict SSU success...
- Diagnostic accuracy of hospitalist-performed hand-carried ultrasound echocardiography after a brief training programBrian P Lucas
Department of Medicine, Stroger Hospital of Cook County and Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Hosp Med 4:340-9. 2009..The duration of training needed for hospitalists to accurately perform hand-carried ultrasound echocardiography (HCUE) is uncertain...
- Hand-carried echocardiography by hospitalists: a randomized trialBrian P Lucas
Department of Medicine, Stroger Hospital of Cook County and Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Med 124:766-74. 2011..Hospitalists can use hand-carried echocardiography for accurate point-of-care information, but patient outcome data for its application are sparse...
- Inferior vena cava diameter change after intravenous furosemide in patients diagnosed with acute decompensated heart failureStefan Tchernodrinski
Department of Medicine, Cook County Hospital and Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL
J Clin Ultrasound 43:187-93. 2015..Nevertheless, little is known about how the IVC is affected by loop diuretics. We sought to determine if bolus infusions of intravenous furosemide affect IVC diameters measured by hand-carried ultrasonography...
- Diagnostic accuracy retrospectively of electrocardiographic findings and cancer history for tamponade in patients determined to have pericardial effusion by transthoracic echocardiogramAtish Pratap Mathur
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, USA
Am J Cardiol 111:1062-6. 2013..Combining these diagnostic elements improves their discriminatory power but not sufficiently enough to rule out tamponade in patients with moderate or large pericardial effusions...
- The impact of evidence on physicians' inpatient treatment decisionsBrian P Lucas
Department of Medicine, John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County and Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:402-9. 2004..We investigated whether physicians would change inpatient treatment if presented with the results of a literature search...
- A homeless 63-year-old man with an abnormal electrocardiogramRaed Bargout
Department of Cardiology, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 69:62-4. 2002