Mark T Demeo
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Intestinal permeation and gastrointestinal diseaseMark T Demeo
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Rush University, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:385-96. 2002....
- Physiology of the aerodigestive system and aberrations in that system resulting in aspirationMark T Demeo
Department of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612 3824, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 26:S9-17; discussion S17-8. 2002..Finally, the impact and contribution of tubes, both endotracheal and nasoenteral, on aspiration pneumonia is unclear...
- Atopic irritable bowel syndrome: a novel subgroup of irritable bowel syndrome with allergic manifestationsMary C Tobin
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush University Medical Center, John H Stoger, Jr Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:49-53. 2008..Mast cells have a primary role in atopy. Mast cells may play a unique role in a subgroup of patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). This observation suggests a link between atopic disorders and IBS...
- In vitro evaluation of intestinal epithelial TLR activation in preventing food allergic responsesSander de Kivit
Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA Electronic address
Clin Immunol 154:91-9. 2014..Hence, the activation of apical TLR9 on IECs, potentially by microbiota-derived signals, may play an important role in the prevention of allergic inflammation. ..
- The Effects of Bowel Preparation on Microbiota-Related Metrics Differ in Health and in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and for the Mucosal and Luminal Microbiota CompartmentsRima M Shobar
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, Section of Gastroenterology, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Transl Gastroenterol 7:e143. 2016..This study aimed to determine the effect of bowel preparation on the mucosa-associated and luminal colonic microbiota in healthy subjects (HC) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients...
- North American Summit on Aspiration in the Critically Ill Patient: consensus statementStephen A McClave
Department of Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Kentucky 40202, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 26:S80-5. 2002..Management strategies for treating aspiration pneumonia are based on degree of diagnostic certainty, time of onset, and host factors...
- Multicenter approach to recurrent acute and chronic pancreatitis in the United States: the North American Pancreatitis Study 2 (NAPS2)David C Whitcomb
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Pancreatology 8:520-31. 2008..We developed the North American Pancreatitis Study 2 (NAPS2) to be sufficiently powered to understand the complex environmental, metabolic and genetic mechanisms underlying RAP and CP...
- Acute pancreatitis in childrenJohn R DeBanto
Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1726-31. 2002..Our intent was to evaluate the performance of existing scoring systems in children, to develop a system for children, and to examine the etiology of acute pancreatitis in children...