Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Providers' lack of knowledge about herpes zoster in HIV-infected patients is among barriers to herpes zoster vaccinationM Aziz
Rush University Medical Center John H Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL, USA
Int J STD AIDS 24:433-9. 2013..Education about HZ is needed among HIV providers. Providers perceived vaccination as important, but data on vaccine safety and clear guidance from the CDC on this issue are lacking...
- Vitamin D insufficiency may impair CD4 recovery among Women's Interagency HIV Study participants with advanced disease on HAARTMariam Aziz
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
AIDS 27:573-8. 2013..Recent studies in HIV-infected men report an association between low vitamin D (25OH-D) and CD4 recovery on HAART. We sought to test this relationship in the Women's Interagency HIV Study (WIHS)...
- Oseltamivir overuse at a Chicago hospital during the 2009 influenza pandemic and the poor predictive value of influenza-like illness criteriaMariam Aziz
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, 600 S Paulina Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 44:306-11. 2012..The CDC ILI criteria had a poor positive predictive value of 43% (95% CI 33.3-53.3) for 2009 H1N1. While the ILI criteria are a useful epidemiologic tool, it is too imprecise for direct patient care...
- Treating women with HIV: is it different than treating men?Mariam Aziz
Section of Infectious Diseases, Rush University Medical Center, IL 60607, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 9:171-8. 2012..In this paper we aim to discuss antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected women, the sex-specific barriers to starting care, the differences in outcomes, and complications...
- Development of IgG Mediated Antibody Dependent Cell-mediated Cytotoxicity (ADCC) in the Serum and Genital Mucosa of HIV SeroconvertersMariam Aziz
CORE Center, Cook County Health and Hospitals System, Chicago, IL 60612, USA Division of Infectious Diseases, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, 60612, USA
J AIDS Clin Res 6:. 2015..We measured antibody-dependent cell mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) activity in serum and genital fluids of heterosexually exposed women during HIV seroconversion...
- Challenges and successes in linking HIV-infected women to care in the United StatesMariam Aziz
Section of Infectious Diseases, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S231-7. 2011..This article reviews risk factors for HIV infection in women, barriers to engagement in care, and strategies to improve linkage to HIV-related medical and social care...