Affiliation: RTI International
- The nonmedical use of prescription ADHD medications: results from a national Internet panelScott P Novak
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 2:32. 2007..Using an Internet-based epidemiological survey, this paper advances understanding of the prevalence and correlates of NMU of medications used to treat ADHD, sources of diverted medications, motivations for use, and consumption patterns...
- Nonmedical use of prescription drugs in the European UnionScott P Novak
Behavioral Epidemiology, RTI International, 3040 East Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709, USA
BMC Psychiatry 16:274. 2016..This article reports data from a cross-national investigation of NMPDU in five European Countries, with the aim to understand the prevalence and characteristics of those engaging in NMPDU across the EU...
- Nonmedical prescription pain reliever and alcohol consumption among cannabis usersScott P Novak
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, 3040 East Cornwallis Road, NC 27709, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 159:101-8. 2016..This study examined poly-drug use involving the use of cannabis with nonmedical prescription pain reliever use (NMPR) and alcohol use...
- The biobehavioral Women's Health CoOp in Pretoria, South Africa: study protocol for a cluster-randomized designWendee M Wechsberg
RTI International, 3040 E, Cornwallis Road, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
BMC Public Health 14:1074. 2014....
- Comparing injection and non-injection routes of administration for heroin, methamphetamine, and cocaine users in the United StatesScott P Novak
RTI International, Behavioral Health Epidemiology, Post Office Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
J Addict Dis 30:248-57. 2011..Fewer differences between IDUs and non-IDUs were observed for heroin users compared with methamphetamine or cocaine users...
- Physical pain, common psychiatric and substance use disorders, and the non-medical use of prescription analgesics in the United StatesScott P Novak
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 100:63-70. 2009..These findings suggest that pain is an independent risk factor for non-disordered and disordered NMPAU, yet its effects are substantially modified by patterns of substance use...
- Retail tobacco outlet density and youth cigarette smoking: a propensity-modeling approachScott P Novak
Substance Abuse Epidemiology, Prevention, and Risk Behavior, RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Rd, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Public Health 96:670-6. 2006..We examined whether retail tobacco outlet density was related to youth cigarette smoking after control for a diverse range of neighborhood characteristics...
- How beliefs about substance use differ by socio-demographic characteristics, individual experiences, and neighborhood environments among urban adolescentsScott P Novak
Centers for Behaviroal and Preventive Medicine, Brown University, Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Drug Educ 32:319-42. 2002..These findings illustrate the complex links between individual and contextual factors in the development of beliefs about the health risks associated with substance use...
- Decomposing the total variation in a nested random effects model of neighborhood, household, and individual components when the dependent variable is dichotomous: implications for adolescent marijuana useDouglas Wright
DHHS SAMHSA OAS, Room 7 1019, 1 Choke Cherry Road, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 78:195-204. 2005..Finally, we partition the variance components using a conventional continuously distributed outcome and compare the relative magnitudes across binary and continuous outcomes...
- Visit satisfaction and tailored health behavior communications in primary careChristopher N Sciamanna
Department of Community Health, The Miriam Hospital, Centers for Behavioral and Prev Med, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:426-30. 2004..Although studies suggest that computer-tailored health communications can help patients improve health behaviors, their effect on patient satisfaction, when used in healthcare settings, has yet to be examined...
- Psychiatric disorders and stages of smokingNaomi Breslau
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202 3450, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:69-76. 2004..We examined the role of DSM-III-R psychiatric disorders in predicting the subsequent onset of daily smoking, smokers' progression to nicotine dependence, and the persistence of smoking...
- Prevalence and Correlates of Psychiatric Disorders among Older AdultsScott Novak; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..