Keith E Levine
Affiliation: RTI International
- Quest to identify geochemical risk factors associated with chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology (CKDu) in an endemic region of Sri Lanka-a multimedia laboratory analysis of biological, food, and environmental samplesKeith E Levine
RTI International, 3040 East Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709 2194, USA
Environ Monit Assess 188:548. 2015....
- Determination of iodine in low mass human hair samples by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometryK E Levine
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 79:401-4. 2007
- Validation and application of a method for the determination of total chromium in rat tissues by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometryKeith E Levine
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 58:883-91. 2010..After validation, the method was applied to analyze samples collected in support of two chronic toxicity and carcinogenesis studies conducted by the National Toxicology Program...
- Additional perspectives on chronic kidney disease of unknown aetiology (CKDu) in Sri Lanka--lessons learned from the WHO CKDu population prevalence studyJennifer Hoponick Redmon
RTI International, Center for Health and Environmetnal Modeling, 3040 East Cornwallis Rd, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
BMC Nephrol 15:125. 2014....
- Development, validation, and application of an ultra-performance liquid chromatography-sector field inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry method for simultaneous determination of six organotin compounds in human serumKeith E Levine
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC, United States
Talanta 140:115-21. 2015..The concentration of each OTC ranged from below the experimental limit of quantitation to 10.929 ng tin (Sn) mL(-1) serum. Speciation values were confirmed by a total Sn analysis...
- Validation of a Metallomics Analysis of Placenta Tissue by Inductively-Coupled Plasma Mass SpectrometryJames M Harrington
Trace Inorganics Department, Technologies for Industry and the Environment, RTI International, Durham, NC, 27709, USA
Biol Trace Elem Res 169:164-73. 2016..The validated method will be essential for the development of scientific studies of maternal health and toxic metal exposure effects in childhood. ..
- Development of an analytical method for assessment of silver nanoparticle content in biological matrices by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometryEric P Poitras
Trace Inorganics Department, Discovery Science Technology, RTI International, 3040 E Cornwallis Rd, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709, USA
Biol Trace Elem Res 163:184-92. 2015..The results obtained here suggest that matrix interference plays a minimal role in AgNP recovery in feces and liver tissue, while the urine matrix can exhibit a significant effect on the determination of silver content. ..
- Exposure to hexavalent chromium resulted in significantly higher tissue chromium burden compared with trivalent chromium following similar oral doses to male F344/N rats and female B6C3F1 miceBradley J Collins
National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 118:368-79. 2010..In vitro studies demonstrated that Cr(VI), but not Cr(III), is a substrate of the sodium/sulfate cotransporter, providing a partial explanation for the greater absorption of Cr(VI)...
- Disposition of intravenously or orally administered silver nanoparticles in pregnant rats and the effect on the biochemical profile in urineTimothy R Fennell
Discovery Science Technology, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709, USA
J Appl Toxicol . 2016..This study demonstrates that silver crosses the placenta and is transferred to the fetus regardless of the form of silver. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Aspects of bioanalytical method validation for the quantitative determination of trace elementsKeith E Levine
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Bioanalysis 3:1699-712. 2011....
- Evaluation of methods for analysis of lead in air particulates: an intra-laboratory and inter-laboratory comparisonJames M Harrington
Trace Inorganics Department, Environmental and Industrial Sciences Division, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, 3040 E Cornwallis Rd, PO Box 12194, NC 27709, USA
Environ Sci Process Impacts 16:256-61. 2014..The results demonstrate that the ICP-MS method performs acceptably for the determination of Pb-TSP with lower limits of quantitation and strong inter- and intra-laboratory precision. ..
- Analysis of human serum and whole blood for mineral content by ICP-MS and ICP-OES: development of a mineralomics methodJames M Harrington
Trace Inorganics Department, Technologies for Industry and the Environment, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709, USA
Biol Trace Elem Res 160:132-42. 2014..The results demonstrate that the digestion and analysis methods can be used to reliably measure the content of these minerals and potentially of other minerals...
- Development and application of a robust speciation method for determination of six arsenic compounds present in human urineLisa S Milstein
Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 2194, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:293-6. 2003..Total arsenic was also determined for the urine samples using flow injection analysis coupled to ICP-MS. The summed concentration of the arsenic species was compared with the measured arsenic total to demonstrate mass balance...