Barbara L Kroner
Affiliation: RTI International
- Epilepsy or seizure disorder? The effect of cultural and socioeconomic factors on self-reported prevalenceBarbara L Kroner
RTI International, Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division, 6110 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852, USA Electronic address
Epilepsy Behav 62:214-7. 2016..Furthermore, education and awareness campaigns aimed at improving access-to-care, reducing stigma, and increasing awareness of adverse events, such as SUDEP, should include a more diverse definition of epilepsy in their messages. ..
- Racial and socioeconomic disparities in epilepsy in the District of ColumbiaBarbara L Kroner
RTI International, 6110 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD 20852, United States
Epilepsy Res 103:279-87. 2013..This is the first study to provide estimates and profiles of the epilepsy population in DC which can help better target resources to improve the health and outcomes of people with epilepsy and their families...
- New incidence, prevalence, and survival of Aicardi syndrome from 408 casesBarbara L Kroner
RTI International, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Child Neurol 23:531-5. 2008..The longer life expectancy found in our study hints at a higher functioning capacity in Aicardi syndrome and may inform counseling to families...
- The National Registry of Genetically Triggered Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Cardiovascular Conditions (GenTAC): results from phase I and scientific opportunities in phase IIBarbara L Kroner
RTI International, Rockville, MD, USA
Am Heart J 162:627-632.e1. 2011..Accordingly, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute established the first phase of its national GenTAC Registry in 2006...
- End-stage liver disease in persons with hemophilia and transfusion-associated infectionsJames J Goedert
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
Blood 100:1584-9. 2002..04-fold (95% CI, 1.03-1.06) per year of age. Thus, HIV is associated with a markedly increased risk of HCV-related ESLD for persons with hemophilia, particularly with HBV infection, low CD4(+) lymphocytes, or older age...