Affiliation: RTI International
- The implications of cultural orientation for substance use among American IndiansMindy Herman-Stahl
Center for Interdisciplinary Substance Abuse Research, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Am Indian Alsk Native Ment Health Res 11:46-66. 2003..The implications of cultural orientation for substance use behaviors are discussed. The need for more precise conceptualization and measurement of acculturation is recommended...
- Substance abuse prevalence and treatment utilization among American Indians residing on-reservationMindy Herman-Stahl
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Am Indian Alsk Native Ment Health Res 10:1-23. 2002..A combination of formal and informal treatment was the most common approach. Treatment utilization was predicted by gender, age, and insurance coverage...
- Serious psychological distress among parenting and nonparenting adultsMindy Herman-Stahl
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2149, USA
Am J Public Health 97:2222-9. 2007..We compared the prevalence of serious psychological distress among parenting adults with the prevalence among nonparenting adults and the sociodemographic correlates of serious psychological distress between these 2 populations...
- Risk and protective factors for methamphetamine use and nonmedical use of prescription stimulants among young adults aged 18 to 25Mindy A Herman-Stahl
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Addict Behav 32:1003-15. 2007..Different intervention strategies are needed to prevent methamphetamine use versus nonmedical prescription stimulant use...
- Risk and protective factors for nonmedical use of prescription stimulants and methamphetamine among adolescentsMindy A Herman-Stahl
Behavioral Health Research Division RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:374-80. 2006..This article reports on correlates of past-year nonmedical use of prescription stimulants and methamphetamine among adolescents aged 12 to 17 years...
- Mediating mechanisms of a military Web-based alcohol interventionJason Williams
Behavioral Health and Criminal Justice Research Division, RTI International, Hobbs bldg, 3040 Cornwallis Rd, RTP, NC 27709, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 100:248-57. 2009..The mediation models also suggest reasons why program effects were not found for some outcomes or were different across programs...
- Mediators of the stress-substance-use relationship in urban male adolescentsDiana H Fishbein
Behavioral Health Research Division, RTI International, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Prev Sci 7:113-26. 2006....
- Evaluation of two web-based alcohol interventions in the U.S. militaryMichael R Pemberton
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709 2194, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 72:480-9. 2011..This study evaluated the efficacy of two web-based alcohol interventions originally created for civilians and then adapted for U.S. military personnel...
- Physical pain, common psychiatric and substance use disorders, and the non-medical use of prescription analgesics in the United StatesScott P Novak
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 100:63-70. 2009..These findings suggest that pain is an independent risk factor for non-disordered and disordered NMPAU, yet its effects are substantially modified by patterns of substance use...
- Substance abuse treatment outcomes among American Indians in the Telephone Aftercare ProjectJenny Chong
Rural Health Office, College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85716, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 35:71-7. 2003....