Ruea Yea Huang
Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Genome-wide screen identifies genes whose inactivation confer resistance to cisplatin in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeRuea Yea Huang
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 65:5890-7. 2005..The sensitivity of certain resistant strains to other cytotoxic agents suggests that our findings may point to particular drug combinations that can overcome resistance caused by inactivation of specific genes...
- Small ubiquitin-related modifier pathway is a major determinant of doxorubicin cytotoxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeRuea Yea Huang
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 67:765-72. 2007..Cumulatively, these results reveal that SUMO modification of proteins mediates the doxorubicin cytotoxicity in yeast, at least partially, by modification of septins and of proteins that control the intracellular drug concentration...
- Elevated expression of the serine-arginine protein kinase 1 gene in ovarian cancer and its role in Cisplatin cytotoxicity in vitroKunle Odunsi
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e51030. 2012..Together, these results suggest that elevated SRPK1 expression may play a role in ovarian tumorigenesis and SRPK1 may be a potential target for ovarian cancer therapy...
- Dysregulation of purine nucleotide biosynthesis pathways modulates cisplatin cytotoxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeDavid Kowalski
Department of Cancer Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Mol Pharmacol 74:1092-100. 2008..Taken together, our results indicate that dysregulation of the purine nucleotide biosynthesis pathways and the addition of exogenous purines can modulate cisplatin cytotoxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Biologic contribution of P1 promoter-mediated expression of ST6Gal I sialyltransferaseMichelle M Appenheimer
The Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Glycobiology 13:591-600. 2003..Siat1deltaP1 mice also exhibit a greater bacterial burden in liver and spleen, accompanied by more pronounced spleno-/hepatomegaly and greater leukocyte infiltration into affected organs than their wild-type counterparts...
- Identification of Novel Cisplatin Resistance GenesRuea Yea Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Evaluation of these targets may identify new biomarkers for pre-treatment screening of tumor samples for mutations that could allow for the identification of patients who are unlikely to benefit from cisplatin treatment. ..