Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- MicroRNA genes are frequently located near mouse cancer susceptibility lociCinzia Sevignani
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8017-22. 2007..These data provide a catalog of miRNA genes in inbred strains that could represent genes involved in the development and penetrance of solid tumors...
- Mice with different susceptibility to tick-borne encephalitis virus infection show selective neutralizing antibody response and inflammatory reaction in the central nervous systemMartin Palus
Institute of Parasitology, Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Branisovska 31, České Budějovice CZ 37005, Czech Republic
J Neuroinflammation 10:77. 2013..Despite the medical importance of this disease, some crucial steps in the development of encephalitis remain poorly understood. In particular, the basis of the disease severity is largely unknown...
- Comparative gene expression profiling in two congenic mouse strains following Bordetella pertussis infectionSander Banus
Laboratory for Infectious Diseases and Screening, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment RIVM, PO Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
BMC Microbiol 7:88. 2007..pertussis inoculation. Twelve and a half percent of the genomes of these mice are from a different genetic background...
- Cancer susceptibility in the mouse: genetics, biology and implications for human cancerPeter Demant
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Nat Rev Genet 4:721-34. 2003..In future, this unique approach is likely to provide important insights into the pathways of tumour development and might ultimately lead to more effective individually targeted cancer-prevention strategies...
- The genetic factors in cancer development and their implications for cancer prevention and detectionPeter Demant
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Radiat Res 164:462-6. 2005..Therefore, genetic testing of persons in danger of being exposed to carcinogenic factors should be an important part of the personnel selection...
- Susceptibility loci affecting ERBB2/neu-induced mammary tumorigenesis in miceLei Quan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:631-43. 2012..These results expand the knowledge of ERBB2 tumorigenesis and point to a combined control of specific tumor phenotypes by germ-line polymorphisms and somatic alterations...
- Control of lymphocyte infiltration of lung tumors in mice by host's genes: mapping of four Lynf (lymphocyte infiltration) lociNeelima Kakarlapudi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:217-25. 2008..Such prediction of probability of tumor infiltration in individual cancer patients could help considerably to assess their prognosis and to decide about the application and the type of immunotherapy...
- A locus on chromosome 8 controlling tumor regionality-a new type of tumor diversity in the mouse lungLei Quan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Int J Cancer 126:2603-13. 2010..The identification of genes controlling lung tumor regionality will provide novel insights into the biology of lung tumors and potentially improve the possibilities of individualized prognosis and treatment in human lung cancer...
- Most lung and colon cancer susceptibility genes are pair-wise linked in mice, humans and ratsLei Quan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e14727. 2011..Comparison of molecular mechanisms of susceptibility genes that are organ-specific and those with trans-organ effects can provide a new dimension in understanding individual cancer susceptibility...
- Spectroscopically determined collagen Pyr/deH-DHLNL cross-link ratio and crystallinity indices differ markedly in recombinant congenic mice with divergent calculated bone tissue strengthRobert D Blank
Research Division, The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York, USA
Connect Tissue Res 44:134-42. 2003..The data illustrate the importance of material properties in addition to mineral quantity to bone tissue strength...
- Mouse genetic model for clinical and immunological heterogeneity of leishmaniasisMarie Lipoldová
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Fleming nám 2, 16637 Prague, Czech Republic
Immunogenetics 54:174-83. 2002..Combining functional and clinical information with multilocus genotyping may improve our ability to predict the progression of the disease and to optimize the treatment...
- Different genetic control of cutaneous and visceral disease after Leishmania major infection in miceVladimir Vladimirov
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Fleming, nám 2, 166 37 Prague 6, Czech Republic
Infect Immun 71:2041-6. 2003..It indicates organ-specific control of antiparasite responses. The definition of genes controlling these responses will permit a better understanding of pathways and genetic diversity underlying the different disease phenotypes...
- Genetic characterization of the Dyscalc locusVeronica V Colinayo
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of California Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Mamm Genome 13:283-8. 2002..The congenic strains exhibit little or no myocardial or vascular calcification, unlike the background HcB C3H strain, and the calcification segregated as a Mendelian factor, allowing finer mapping of Dyscalc...
- Genetic analysis of macrophage characteristics as a tool to identify tumor susceptibility genes: mapping of three macrophage-associated risk inflammatory factors, marif1, marif2, and marif3Remond J A Fijneman
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 64:3458-64. 2004..These studies provide a novel approach to investigate the genetics of microenvironmental influence on predisposition to tumorigenesis, thereby contributing to development of new strategies that aim to prevent or treat cancer...
- Genetic study of variation in normal mouse iron homeostasis reveals ceruloplasmin as an HFE-hemochromatosis modifier geneLaurent Gouya
INSERM U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, site Bichat, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 132:679-86. 2007..However, penetrance of this mutation is incomplete, suggesting that other genetic and environmental factors contribute to its differential biologic or clinical expression...
- Genetic susceptibility to infectious disease: lessons from mouse models of leishmaniasisMarie Lipoldová
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Fleming nám 2, 166 37 Prague, Czech Republic
Nat Rev Genet 7:294-305. 2006..Several of these QTLs probably also influence susceptibility to other infections, indicating that their characterization will contribute to our understanding of susceptibility to infectious disease in general...
- Lung tumor location and lymphocyte infiltration in mice are genetically determinedHugo Horlings
Division of Pathology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Lung Res 31:513-25. 2005..The definition of genes controlling these traits will provide novel insights into the determination of tumor phenotype...
- Novel loci controlling lymphocyte proliferative response to cytokines and their clustering with loci controlling autoimmune reactions, macrophage function and lung tumor susceptibilityMarie Lipoldová
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Praha, Czech Republic
Int J Cancer 114:394-9. 2005..The possible relevance of these QTL associations in several different sites of the genome for the immune response, inflammation and tumorigenesis has to be elucidated...
- Dual energy X ray absorptiometry of ex vivo HcB/Dem mouse long bones: left are denser than rightGloria E Lopez Franco
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 76:26-31. 2005..These observations may represent the densitometric manifestation of behavioral and neuroanatomical lateralization in laboratory mice...
- Five new mouse susceptibility to colon cancer loci, Scc11-Scc15Claudia A L Ruivenkamp
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oncogene 22:7258-60. 2003..We confirmed all five originally described Scc loci and detected five additional new Scc loci; Scc11-Scc15. All these loci were detected in two-way interactions...
- Opposite effects of modifiers of the ApcMin mutation in intestine and mammary glandAlina Czarnomska
Department of Genetics and Laboratory Animal Breeding, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
Cancer Res 63:4533-7. 2003....
- Genetic analysis of three-dimensional shape of mouse lung tumors reveals eight lung tumor shape-determining (Ltsd) loci that are associated with tumor heterogeneity and symmetryNikos Tripodis
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 63:125-31. 2003..This is the first set of loci that affects qualitative aspects of lung tumors and may provide biologically and clinically interesting indicators of lung tumor progression...
- Ptprj is a candidate for the mouse colon-cancer susceptibility locus Scc1 and is frequently deleted in human cancersClaudia A L Ruivenkamp
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 31:295-300. 2002..Our data suggest that PTPRJ is relevant to the development of several different human cancers...
- Genetic analysis of antigen-induced airway manifestations of asthma using recombinant congenic mouse strainsAntoon J M van Oosterhout
Department of Pharmacology and Pathophysiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Utrecht University, Utrecht, Netherlands
Chest 121:13S. 2002
- Positional cloning of the combined hyperlipidemia gene Hyplip1Jackie S Bodnar
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, 47 123 CHS, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Nat Genet 30:110-6. 2002..These results reveal a new pathway of potential clinical significance that contributes to plasma lipid metabolism...