Nikunj S Patel
Affiliation: Roskamp Institute
- Inflammatory cytokine levels correlate with amyloid load in transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer's diseaseNikunj S Patel
Roskamp Institute, 2040 Whitfield Avenue, Sarasota, FL34243, USA
J Neuroinflammation 2:9. 2005....
- Potent anti-angiogenic motifs within the Alzheimer beta-amyloid peptideNikunj S Patel
The Roskamp Institute, Sarasota, Florida 34243, USA
Amyloid 15:5-19. 2008..Using normal and mutated peptide fragments, we show that the sequence VHHQKLVFF is sufficient to exhibit potent anti-angiogenic effects. This small peptide may therefore have clinical relevance as an anti-angiogenic agent...
- Alzheimer's beta-amyloid peptide blocks vascular endothelial growth factor mediated signaling via direct interaction with VEGFR-2Nikunj S Patel
Roskamp Institute, Sarasota, Florida, USA
J Neurochem 112:66-76. 2010..Altogether, our data suggest that Abeta acts as an antagonist of VEGFR-2 and provide a mechanism explaining the anti-angiogenic activity of Abeta peptides...
- Reduction of beta-amyloid pathology by celastrol in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseDaniel Paris
The Roskamp Institute, 2040 Whitfield Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34243, USA
J Neuroinflammation 7:17. 2010..We therefore explored whether the known NFkappaB inhibitor celastrol could represent a suitable compound for decreasing Abeta production and accumulation in vivo...
- Model of Alzheimer's disease amyloid-beta peptide based on a RNA binding proteinVenkatarajan S Mathura
Roskamp Institute, 2040 Whitfield Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34243, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:585-92. 2005..We hypothesize that in a similar fashion to AF-Sm1, RNA interacts with Abeta in the beta-hairpin (beta-turn-beta) structure and prevents fibril formation...