Affiliation: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- The dystrophin complex controls bk channel localization and muscle activity in Caenorhabditis elegansHongkyun Kim
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Science and Medicine, North Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000780. 2009..Our results indicate that the DAPC modulates muscle excitability by localizing the SLO-1 channel to calcium-rich regions of C. elegans muscle...
- Reduced IGF signaling prevents muscle cell death in a Caenorhabditis elegans model of muscular dystrophyKelly Hyunju Oh
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL 60064
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:19024-9. 2013..Our study suggests that manipulation of the IGF signaling pathways in muscle cells could be a potent intervention for muscular dystrophy. ..
- Computational Methods for Tracking, Quantitative Assessment, and Visualization of C. elegans Locomotory BehaviorKyle Moy
School of Computing, College of Computing and Digital Media, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0145870. 2015..elegans can use Lévy flights for efficient food search. In summary, our tracker and analysis software will help analyze the neural basis of the alteration and transition of C. elegans locomotory behavior in a food-deprived condition. ..
- Interaction of α-catulin with dystrobrevin contributes to integrity of dystrophin complex in muscleHyun J Oh
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, Illinois 60064, USA
J Biol Chem 287:21717-28. 2012..elegans and mammalian muscles and strongly suggests that this interaction contributes to the integrity of the dystrophin complex...
- Presynaptic BK channel localization is dependent on the hierarchical organization of alpha-catulin and dystrobrevin and fine-tuned by CaV2 calcium channelsKelly H Oh
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University, 60064, North Chicago, IL, USA
BMC Neurosci 16:26. 2015..However, the mechanism underlying BK channel localization near calcium channels is not fully understood...
- Identification of Novel Components of the Dystrophin Complex Using C. ElegansHongkyun Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also identify and study the functional mammalian homologues. These findings will improve our understanding of the pathogenesis mechanism of muscular dystrophy in humans and may help to devise new therapeutic strategies. ..