A J Osband
Affiliation: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Virtual microscopy improves sharing of deceased donor kidneysAdena J Osband
Department of Surgery, The Transplant Center, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 10 Plum St, 7th Floor, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA Electronic address
Am J Surg 212:592-595. 2016..We hypothesized that VM would decrease time to biopsy results and kidney acceptance...
- Surgical resident perspective on deceased donor organ procurementAdena J Osband
Department of Surgery, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA Electronic address
Am J Surg 209:1090-4. 2015..We hypothesize that surgical residents regard organ donation positively and organ procurement enhances their education...
- Spermatocele following kidney transplantA J Osband
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, NJ, USA
Am J Transplant 12:1936-7. 2012..Cultures were negative, but evaluation of the fluid revealed it to be a spermatocele. Postoperative ultrasound demonstrated full resolution of the collection...
- Sweet syndrome after kidney transplantationA J Osband
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Transplant Proc 41:1954-6. 2009..Sweet syndrome has been linked to multiple drugs and malignancies, but has also been linked with states of altered immunity. Posttransplant immunosuppression may be related to this occurrence...
- Extraction time of kidneys during organ procurement impacts functionAdena J Osband
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Clin Transplant 25:235-8. 2011..05). DGF rates were not tied to extraction time, but shorter extraction time was strongly associated with recovery from DGF and eventual kidney function. Further studies are needed to better assess this factor and its impact...
- Treatment of acute graft-vs-host disease after simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplantation: a case reportA J Osband
Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Center, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 10 Plum St, 7th Floor, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Transplant Proc 42:3894-7. 2010..Aggressive immunosuppression therapy was administered; however, the patient died. To our knowledge, this is the first case report with specific details of a treatment protocol and sequential short tandem repeat data...
- Extraction Time of Kidneys From Deceased Donors and Impact on OutcomesA J Osband
Kidney Pancreas Transplant, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
Am J Transplant 16:700-3. 2016..Extraction time is a novel and important factor to consider when evaluating a deceased donor kidney offer and when strategizing personnel for kidney recovery. ..