Craig P Eberson
Affiliation: Rhode Island Hospital
- Effect of low-intensity ultrasound stimulation on consolidation of the regenerate zone in a rat model of distraction osteogenesisCraig P Eberson
Brown University School of Medicine Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 23:46-51. 2003..These findings suggest that pulsed, low-intensity ultrasound matures the regenerate by altering the microarchitecture of the newly formed bone...
- Idiopathic scoliosis in children: an updateCraig P Eberson
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, USA
Med Health R I 90:115-9. 2007
- NCAA strength and conditioning coach demographics, current practice trends and common injuries of athletes during strength and conditioning sessionsGregory R Waryasz
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 56:1188-1197. 2016..The study aims to further evaluate the backgrounds and exercise philosophies of NCAA strength and conditioning coaches...
- Brace management in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisJonathan R Schiller
Department of Orthopaedics, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:670-8. 2010..We review the natural history of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, identify the risks for curve progression, describe the types of braces available for treatment, and review the indications for and efficacy of brace treatment...
- Academic Characteristics of Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Applicants from 2007 to 2014J Mason DePasse
Department of Orthopaedics, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
J Bone Joint Surg Am 98:788-95. 2016..However, the objective measures of applicant competitiveness have not been quantified in detail...
- Surgical treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis in the United States from 1997 to 2012: an analysis of 20,346 patientsHari T Vigneswaran
Department of Orthopaedics, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island
J Neurosurg Pediatr 16:322-8. 2015....
- CrossFit® Instructor Demographics and Practice TrendsGregory R Waryasz
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Orthop Rev (Pavia) 8:6571. 2016..Non-certified instructors differ from CrossFit® certified instructors in regards to teaching of Olympic weightlifting and exercise programming...
- Referral for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis by Pediatric Primary Care ProvidersJoey P Johnson
Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) . 2016..Encouraging education initiatives for pediatric primary care providers may encourage appropriate referral for AIS...
- Readability of Invasive Procedure Consent FormsAdam E M Eltorai
Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Clin Transl Sci 8:830-3. 2015..We hypothesized that text provided in invasive procedure consent forms would exceed recommended readability guidelines for medical information...
- Outrigger rod technique for supplemental support of posterior spinal arthrodesisMark A Palumbo
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 2 Dudley St, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Spine J 15:1409-14. 2015..This complication can negatively impact the clinical outcome by producing spinal pain, functional compromise, instability, and loss of deformity correction...
- Adolescent patellar osteochondral fracture following patellar dislocationByung J Lee
Department of Orthopaedics, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:1856-61. 2013..The aim of this study was to review the outcomes of adolescent patients who underwent surgical intervention for patellar osteochondral fracture following patellar dislocation...
- Biomechanical analysis of suture bridge fixation for tibial eminence fracturesGregory A Sawyer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brown Medical School Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Arthroscopy 28:1533-9. 2012..To perform a biomechanical analysis of suture bridge fixation for tibial eminence fractures using PushLock anchors (Arthrex, Naples, FL) and compare it with traditional suture fixation and screw fixation...
- Spinal deformity and athleticsJonathan R Schiller
Department of Orthopaedics, Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02905, USA
Sports Med Arthrosc 16:26-31. 2008..Although most treating surgeons promote some form of activity regardless of treatment modality chosen, caution should be taken when deciding on participation in collision activities such as football and wrestling...
- Social and economic benefits of flexible intramedullary nails in the treatment of pediatric femoral shaft fracturesJustin Greisberg
Department of Orthopedics, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Orthopedics 25:1067-70; discussion 1070. 2002..Earlier return to school, independent ambulation, and independent bathroom use are advantages of this treatment modality...