David M Dosa
Affiliation: Rhode Island Hospital
- Should I hospitalize my resident with nursing home-acquired pneumonia?David Dosa
Division of Geriatrics and Department of Medicine and Community Health, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 6:327-33. 2005....
- Infections in the nursing home: a primer for the practicing physicianDavid Dosa
Division of Geriatrics, Rhode Island Hospital, USA
Med Health R I 90:211-2, 216-7. 2007
- Preliminary derivation of a Nursing Home Confusion Assessment Method based on data from the Minimum Data SetDavid Dosa
Department of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1099-105. 2007....
- To evacuate or not to evacuate: lessons learned from Louisiana nursing home administrators following Hurricanes Katrina and RitaDavid M Dosa
Department of Medicine and Community Health, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:142-9. 2007....
- Critical review of resident assessment protocolsDavid Dosa
Quality Partners of Rhode Island, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:659-66. 2006..To evaluate the quality of all 18 federally mandated Resident Assessment Protocols (RAPs) by measuring their adherence to established criteria for clinical practice guidelines (CPGs)...
- The controversy inherent in managing frail nursing home residents during complex hurricane emergenciesDavid M Dosa
Veteran s Administration Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:599-604. 2008....
- The assessment and management of hypoactive deliriumTimothy W Farrell
Division of Geriatrics, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence 02903, USA
Med Health R I 90:393-5. 2007
- Frequency of long-acting opioid analgesic initiation in opioid-naïve nursing home residentsDavid M Dosa
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, The Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 38:515-21. 2009..Given the significance of the FDA warning, including a "black box" warning with transdermal fentanyl, this rate of naïve LAO initiation warrants efforts to further study the prescribing of opioids in NH residents...
- Development of a brief survey to measure nursing home residents' perceptions of pain managementJoan M Teno
The Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 36:572-83. 2008..Although there is concern with the low internal consistency, RAPM demonstrates both criterion and construct validity that suggests its potential use in quality improvement efforts...
- "You can't always get what you want"--or can you?Joan M Teno
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University and Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
CMAJ 174:643-4. 2006
- A comparison of the nursing home evacuation experience between hurricanes katrina (2005) and gustav (2008)Gary Blanchard
Division of Geriatrics, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 10:639-43. 2009..The goal of this article was to ascertain whether NH administrative directors (ADs) felt more prepared to evacuate before Gustav...
- Hospital characteristics associated with feeding tube placement in nursing home residents with advanced cognitive impairmentJoan M Teno
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Warren Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University, 121 S Main St, Providence, RI 02912, USA
JAMA 303:544-50. 2010..Tube-feeding is of questionable benefit for nursing home residents with advanced dementia. Approximately two-thirds of US nursing home residents who are tube fed had their feeding tube inserted during an acute care hospitalization...
- A day in the life of Oscar the catDavid M Dosa
Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, USA
N Engl J Med 357:328-9. 2007