Affiliation: Reproductive Genetics Institute
- Pulmonary cryptosporidiosis in an AIDS patient: successful treatment with paromomycin plus azithromycinF Palmieri
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Via Portuense 292, 00149 Rome, Italy
Int J STD AIDS 16:515-7. 2005....
- Better response to chemotherapy and prolonged survival in AIDS-related lymphomas responding to highly active antiretroviral therapyA Antinori
National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
AIDS 15:1483-91. 2001..To evaluate the impact of response to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on the natural history of AIDS non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) and to analyse the feasibility, efficacy and toxicity of HAART in combination with chemotherapy...
- Endocarditis caused by Aspergillus species in injection drug usersN Petrosillo
Second Infectious Diseases Unit, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 33:e97-9. 2001..We report 2 proven cases and 1 highly suggestive case of Aspergillus endocarditis in IDUs, 2 of whom were infected with HIV, and discuss some related clinical and pathogenic aspects...
- Remission of Behçet's disease and keratoconjunctivitis sicca in an HIV-infected patient treated with HAARTS Cicalini
II Divisione, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive, IRCCS Lazzaro Spallanzani, Via Portuense 292, 00149 Rome, Italy
Int J STD AIDS 15:139-40. 2004..The likelihood that a direct viral effect or HIV-induced autoimmune mechanisms act in the pathogenesis of both BD and KCS in HIV-infected patients is discussed...
- [Guidelines for the management of HCV infection in HIV-infected patients. Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani]G Antonucci
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Roma, Italy
Infez Med 12:7-18. 2004..The present guidelines cannot entirely substitute the judgement of an expert clinician. However, adherence to these guidelines will contribute to the improvement of the standard of care of HIV/HCV-co-infected persons...
- Pathogenesis of HIV-related pulmonary hypertensionA M Pellicelli
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive, Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 946:82-94. 2001..This susceptibility could have a genetic basis, and might be determined by particular major histocompatibility complex alleles...
- Radiological patterns in HIV-associated pulmonary tuberculosis: comparison between HAART-treated and non-HAART-treated patientsE Busi Rizzi
Department of Radiology, National Institute for Infectious Disease Lazzaro Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
Clin Radiol 58:469-73. 2003....
- Pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients presenting with normal chest radiograph and negative sputum smearF Palmieri
2nd Infectious Diseases Unit, National Institute for Infectious Diseases, L Spallanzani IRCCS, Rome Italy
Infection 30:68-74. 2002..HIV-infected patients with pulmonary tuberculosis exhibit atypical radiological presentation and negative sputum smear more frequently than their HIV-negative counterparts...
- Tuberculosis in HIV-infected persons in the context of wide availability of highly active antiretroviral therapyE Girardi
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive L Spallanzani IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eur Respir J 24:11-7. 2004..However, a significant proportion of cases occur in patients who are on antiretroviral treatment...