James L Repace
- Air quality, mortality, and economic benefits of a smoke - free workplace law for non-smoking Ontario bar workersJ Repace
Repace Associates Inc, Bowie 20720, MD, USA
Indoor Air 23:93-104. 2013..Accordingly, Ontario's smoke-free law saved an estimated 5-7 non-smoking bar workers' lives annually, valued at CA $50 million to $68 million (US $49 million to $66 million)...
- Flying the smoky skies: secondhand smoke exposure of flight attendantsJ Repace
Repace Associates, Inc, 101 Felicia Lane, Bowie 20720, USA
Tob Control 13:i8-19. 2004..To assess the contribution of secondhand smoke (SHS) to aircraft cabin air pollution and flight attendants' SHS exposure relative to the general population...
- Fine particle air pollution and secondhand smoke exposures and risks inside 66 US casinosJames L Repace
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Environ Res 111:473-84. 2011..5). Drifting PM(2.5) from secondhand smoke contaminated unseparated nonsmoking areas. Smoke-free casinos reduced PM(2.5) to the same low levels found outdoors...
- Secondhand smoke in Pennsylvania casinos: a study of nonsmokers' exposure, dose, and riskJames L Repace
Repace Associates Inc, Bowie, 20720, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1478-85. 2009..I assessed air pollution, ventilation, and nonsmokers' risk from secondhand smoke (SHS) in Pennsylvania casinos exempted from a statewide smoke-free workplace law...
- Air pollution in Boston bars before and after a smoking banJames L Repace
Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
BMC Public Health 6:266. 2006....
- Exposure to second-hand smoke air pollution assessed from bar patrons' urinary cotinineJames Repace
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 8:701-11. 2006..Our results show that smoking in bars produces levels of personal air pollution for bar patrons that merit air pollution alerts when sustained in the outdoor air...
- Correlating atmospheric and biological markers in studies of secondhand tobacco smoke exposure and dose in children and adultsJames Repace
Tufts University School of Medicine, and Repace Associates Inc, 101 Felicia Lane, Bowie, MD 20720, USA
J Occup Environ Med 48:181-94. 2006..We sought to directly compare secondhand smoke (SHS) atmospheric markers to each other and to SHS dosimetric biomarkers, permitting intercomparison of clinical and atmospheric studies...
- Respirable particles and carcinogens in the air of delaware hospitality venues before and after a smoking banJames Repace
Tufts University School of Medicine, USA
J Occup Environ Med 46:887-905. 2004..Smoke-free workplace laws eliminate that hazard and provide health protection impossible to achieve through ventilation or air cleaning...
- Measuring Indoor Air Quality and Engaging California Indian Stakeholders at the Win-River Resort and Casino: Collaborative Smoke-Free Policy DevelopmentNeil E Klepeis
Education, Training, and Research, Inc, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:. 2016..The success of the collaboration in promoting a smoke-free policy, and the key element of air quality feedback, which appeared to be a central driver, may provide a model for similar efforts. ..
- Risks for heart disease and lung cancer from passive smoking by workers in the catering industryAnthony J Hedley
Department of Community Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Toxicol Sci 90:539-48. 2006..When compared with the current outdoor air quality standards for particulates in Hong Kong, 30% of workers exceeded the 24-h and 98% exceeded the annual air quality objectives due to workplace SHS exposures...