John A Renner
- Training psychiatrists to diagnose and treat substance abuse disordersJohn A Renner
VA Outpatient Clinic, 251 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 7:352-9. 2005..The program developed at Boston University Medical Center successfully integrates expanded addiction psychiatry training into the general psychiatry residency...
- How to train residents to identify and treat dual diagnosis patientsJohn A Renner
Division of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:810-6. 2004..Self-directed learning approaches are used to maximize the educational experience on services that lack addiction faculty. Guidelines are provided for establishing a similar program and for more effective approaches to resident teaching...
- What do psychiatric residents think of addiction psychiatry as a career?John A Renner
Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Acad Psychiatry 33:139-42. 2009..The authors attempt to better understand the recent decline in the number of applicants to addiction psychiatry training...
- Clinician beliefs and attitudes about buprenorphine/naloxone diversionZev Schuman-Olivier
Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Harvard MGH Center for Addiction Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
Am J Addict 22:574-80. 2013..Concern about diversion of buprenorphine/naloxone (B/N) in the United States may affect prescribing patterns and policy decisions. This study examines addiction treatment clinician beliefs and attitudes regarding B/N diversion...
- Priority actions to improve the care of persons with co-occurring substance abuse and other mental disorders: a call to actionCHARLES P O'BRIEN
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6178, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:703-13. 2004
- Mental health after deployment to Iraq or AfghanistanDavid A Fiellin
JAMA 296:515; author reply 516. 2006