Paul G Biondich
Affiliation: Regenstrief Institute
- Information discovery on electronic health records using authority flow techniquesVagelis Hristidis
School of Computing and Information Sciences, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 10:64. 2010..We compare the effectiveness of two fundamentally different techniques for keyword search of EHRs...
- Shortcomings in infant iron deficiency screening methodsPaul G Biondich
Children s Health Services Research, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Pediatrics 117:290-4. 2006..Screening for iron deficiency anemia is a well-established practice in pediatrics, but numerous challenges surrounding current recommendations raise questions about the effectiveness of this strategy...
- Evaluation of computer-generated reminders to improve CD4 laboratory monitoring in sub-Saharan Africa: a prospective comparative studyMartin C Were
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:150-5. 2011..This study tested the hypothesis that clinical summaries with computer-generated reminders could improve clinicians' compliance with CD4 testing guidelines in the resource-limited setting of sub-Saharan Africa...
- Changing course to make clinical decision support work in an HIV clinic in KenyaSheraz F Noormohammad
IUPUI School of Informatics, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Int J Med Inform 79:204-10. 2010..We implemented computer-based reminders for CD4 count tests at an HIV clinic in Western Kenya though an open-source Electronic Medical Record System. Within a month, providers had stopped complying with the reminders...
- Targeted screening for pediatric conditions with the CHICA systemAaron E Carroll
Children s Health Services Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:485-90. 2011..The purpose of this study was to explore CHICA's ability to screen patients for disorders that have validated screening criteria--specifically tuberculosis (TB) and iron-deficiency anemia...
- The Indiana network for patient care: an integrated clinical information system informed by over thirty years of experiencePaul G Biondich
Regenstrief Institute, Inc, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract . 2004..This is followed by a series of descriptions and rationales behind the many clinical applications that interface these data. In doing so, some of the factors that we feel contribute to the success of the system are illustrated...
- An Evaluation of Two Methods for Generating Synthetic HL7 Segments Reflecting Real-World Health Information Exchange TransactionsThomas S Mwogi
Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, IN Indiana University Purdue University IUPUI, Indianapolis, IN
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2014:1855-63. 2014..Both methods exhibited adequate coverage, producing a high proportion of messages consistent with original messages. Both methods yielded similar rates of valid messages. ..
- Child Health Improvement through Computer Automation: the CHICA systemVibha Anand
Children s Health Services Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, 699 West Drive, RR 330, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:187-91. 2004..The system performs these tasks while remaining sensitive to the workflow constraints of a busy outpatient pediatric practice...
- The AMPATH medical record system: creating, implementing, and sustaining an electronic medical record system to support HIV/AIDS care in western KenyaWilliam M Tierney
Indiana University School of Medicine and the Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 129:372-6. 2007..g., tracing patients who fail to return for appointments), strategic planning (e.g., hiring health care providers and staff), reports to national AIDS programs and funding agencies, and research...