Andrew T Pennock
Affiliation: Rady Children's Hospital
- Preseason Assessment of Radiographic Abnormalities in Elbows of Little League Baseball PlayersAndrew T Pennock
Orthopedics and Scoliosis Division A T P, A P, P S, J H R, and T P B and Department of Radiology J D, Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, California Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California
J Bone Joint Surg Am 98:761-7. 2016....
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in skeletally immature patientsAndrew Pennock
3030 Children s Way, 3rd Floor, San Diego, CA, 92123, USA
Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med 9:445-453. 2016..The purpose of this review is to provide a summary of the most recent current literature for the management of skeletally immature patients with an ACL tear...
- Variation in tibial tubercle-trochlear groove measurement as a function of age, sex, size, and patellar instabilityAndrew T Pennock
Andrew T Pennock, Rady Children s Hospital, 3030 Children s Way, Suite 410, San Diego, CA, 92123
Am J Sports Med 42:389-93. 2014..The tibial tubercle-trochlear groove (TT-TG) measurement was developed to quantify morphologic abnormalities about the knee associated with patellar instability and to help guide surgical decision making...
- Meniscus tear patterns in relation to skeletal immaturity: children versus adolescentsAlvin Shieh
Andrew T Pennock, Rady Children s Hospital and Health Center, 3030 Children s Way, Suite 410, San Diego, CA 92123
Am J Sports Med 41:2779-83. 2013..Meniscus tear patterns in the pediatric population have not been well described...
- Rate and Risk Factors for Delayed Healing Following Surgical Treatment of Lateral Condyle Humerus Fractures in ChildrenLissette Salgueiro
University District Hospital, San Juan, Puerto Rico Rady Children s Hospital Department of Orthopedics, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
J Pediatr Orthop 37:1-6. 2017..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the rate and risk factors for delayed healing of pediatric lateral condyle fractures after surgical fixation...
- Risk Factors for Early ACL Reconstruction Failure in Pediatric and Adolescent Patients: A Review of 561 CasesBrian Ho
San Diego School of Medicine, University of California Rady Children s Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, CA
J Pediatr Orthop . 2016..The purpose of this study was to examine a single center's 10-year experience with ACL reconstructions in pediatric and adolescent patients to better define short-term failure rates and risk factors for revision ACL surgery...
- Does Allograft Augmentation of Small-Diameter Hamstring Autograft ACL Grafts Reduce the Incidence of Graft Retear?Andrew T Pennock
Rady Children s Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, California, USA
Am J Sports Med . 2016..The role of augmenting these small-diameter autografts with allograft is unclear...
- The use of a portable CT scanner for the intraoperative assessment of talocalcaneal coalition resectionsJohn Kemppainen
Department of Orthopedics, Rady Children s Hospital and Health Center Department of Orthopedics, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
J Pediatr Orthop 34:559-64. 2014..Therefore, in March of 2011, we began using a CereTom portable CT scanner to assess TC coalition resections intraoperatively. This study evaluates the use of intraoperative CT during surgical resection of TC coalitions...
- Potential causes of loss of reduction in supracondylar humerus fracturesAndrew T Pennock
Rady Children s Hospital Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of California, San Diego, CA
J Pediatr Orthop 34:691-7. 2014..The goal of this study was to review the surgical management of Gartland type II and III supracondylar fractures to see whether certain pin configurations increase the likelihood of loss of reduction (LOR)...
- Avoiding Anomalous Tendon Harvest at the Pes Anserinus InsertionKrishna R Cidambi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California
J Knee Surg 29:80-3. 2016..Preoperative MRI may provide evidence of an anomalous tendon if that information is sought. ..
- Biomechanical Evaluation of Plate Versus Lag Screw Only Fixation of Distal Fibula FracturesAmirhossein Misaghi
Orthopedic Resident, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Diego, CA
J Foot Ankle Surg 54:896-9. 2015..For noncomminuted, long oblique distal fibula fractures, lag screw only fixation techniques offer construct stiffness similar to that of traditional plate and lag screw fixation. ..
- Revision Meniscal Surgery in Children and Adolescents: Risk Factors and Mechanisms for Failure and Subsequent ManagementAlvin K Shieh
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Sports Med 44:838-43. 2016..The mechanisms of failure and risk factors for failed meniscal surgery in children and adolescents have not been well described...
- Analysis of spinal alignment and pelvic parameters on upright radiographs: implications for acetabular developmentAndrew Pytiak
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, 3030 Children s Way, San Diego, CA 92123 USA
J Hip Preserv Surg 3:208-14. 2016..Our findings may suggest that an individual's acetabulum develops as a dynamic adaptation to one's particular sagittal spinopelvic alignment to optimize femoral head coverage...
- Operative Versus Conservative Management of Displaced Tibial Shaft Fracture in AdolescentsMatthew C Kinney
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Department of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, North Shore LIJ Health System, Bay Shore, NY
J Pediatr Orthop 36:661-6. 2016..We compared surgical fixation and closed reduction and casting (CRC) of these fractures to assess treatment outcomes and determine predictors of failure...