Stanley B Cohen
Affiliation: Radiant Research
- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with anakinra, a recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, in combination with methotrexate: results of a twenty-four-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialStanley Cohen
Department of Rheumatology, St Paul Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:614-24. 2002..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of anakinra in combination with methotrexate (MTX) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- The use of anakinra, an interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritisStanley B Cohen
Radiant Research Dallas, TX 75275, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 30:365-80, vii. 2004..This article reviews the preclinical, clinical, and postmarketing data on the safety and efficacy of anakinra in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and focuses on the pivotal clinical trials that led to FDA approval...
- Updates from B Cell Trials: EfficacyStanley B Cohen
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Radiant Research, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Rheumatol Suppl 77:12-7. 2006..These findings support the hypothesis that B cells play an integral role in the pathogenesis of RA, and this report will review the efficacy results of clinical trials targeting B cells...
- Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy: Results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeksStanley B Cohen
Radiant Research, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2793-806. 2006....
- Role of RANK ligand in normal and pathologic bone remodeling and the therapeutic potential of novel inhibitory molecules in musculoskeletal diseasesStanley Cohen
St Paul University Hospital, 5939 Harry Hines Boulevard, Suite 400, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 55:15-8. 2006..We welcome reader feedback and ideas for future topics...
- Patient- versus physician-reported outcomes in rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with recombinant interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (anakinra) therapyS B Cohen
Radiant Research, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:704-11. 2004..To determine whether patient-reported outcomes may differentiate treatment response better than physician-reported outcomes for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients being treated with anakinra...
- An update on bisphosphonatesStanley B Cohen
Radiant Research, 5939 Harry Hines Boulevard, Suite 400, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 6:59-65. 2004..Further development of bisphosphonates as adjunctive therapy to reduce bone metastases is in progress, and trials evaluating bisphosphonates as a structure modifying agent in osteoarthritis are nearing completion...
- Bringing the clinical experience with anakinra to the patientS B Cohen
St Paul University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:ii36-40. 2003....
- Continued inhibition of structural damage over 2 years in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with rituximab in combination with methotrexateStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1158-61. 2010..Rituximab inhibited structural damage at 1 year in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who had had a previous inadequate response to tumour necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of pamapimod, a p38 MAP kinase inhibitor, in a double-blind, methotrexate-controlled study of patients with active rheumatoid arthritisStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:335-44. 2009..To determine the efficacy and safety of pamapimod (a selective inhibitor of the alpha-isoform of p38 MAP kinase) as monotherapy in comparison with methotrexate (MTX) treatment in adult patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Denosumab treatment effects on structural damage, bone mineral density, and bone turnover in rheumatoid arthritis: a twelve-month, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II clinical trialStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:1299-309. 2008..The aim of this multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II study was to evaluate the effects of denosumab on structural damage in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) receiving methotrexate treatment...
- Multiple courses of rituximab produce sustained clinical and radiographic efficacy and safety in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to 1 or more tumor necrosis factor inhibitors: 5-year data from the REFLEX studyEdward C Keystone
Mount Sinai Hospital and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 39:2238-46. 2012....
- Unresolved issues in identifying and overcoming inadequate response in rheumatoid arthritis: weighing the evidenceStanley B Cohen
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Office of Continuing Education, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9059, USA
J Rheumatol Suppl 81:4-30; quiz 31-4. 2008..In this program, distinguished rheumatologists weigh the evolving body of clinical evidence to draw sound conclusions and resolve key issues in managing inadequate response to treatment and in achieving optimal outcomes in RA...
- B-cell depletion for rheumatic diseases: where are we?Stanley B Cohen
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas, USA
MedGenMed 7:72. 2005....
- Interleukin 1 receptor antagonist anakinra improves functional status in patients with rheumatoid arthritisStanley B Cohen
St Paul Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Rheumatol 30:225-31. 2003....
- Immune-mediated inner ear disease: 10-year experienceShelley S Broughton
Otolaryngology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 34:544-8. 2004..Limited information is available regarding clinical features of the disease, disease course, and response to treatment...
- Efficacy and safety of tofacitinib in US and non-US rheumatoid arthritis patients: pooled analyses of phase II and IIIStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 34:32-6. 2016..This post-hoc pooled analysis assessed commonalities and differences in tofacitinib efficacy and safety for US versus rest of the world (ROW) populations...
- A randomized, double-blind study of AMG 108 (a fully human monoclonal antibody to IL-1R1) in patients with osteoarthritis of the kneeStanley B Cohen
Rheumatology, Metroplex Clinical Research Center, 8144 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R125. 2011..The purpose of this two-part study was to evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetics (PK; Part A) and clinical effect (Part B) of AMG 108 in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-dose study in patients with OA of the knee...
- Denosumab in postmenopausal women with low bone mineral densityMichael R McClung
Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, Oreg, USA
N Engl J Med 354:821-31. 2006..The fully human monoclonal antibody denosumab (formerly known as AMG 162) binds RANKL with high affinity and specificity and inhibits RANKL action...
- Efficacy and safety of rofecoxib 12.5 mg versus nabumetone 1,000 mg in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trialAlan J Kivitz
Altoona Center for Clinical Research, Duncansville, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:666-74. 2004..To evaluate the use of starting doses of rofecoxib and nabumetone in patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- The efficacy of switching from etanercept to infliximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritisKaren E Hansen
Division of Rheumatology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Rheumatol 31:1098-102. 2004..To describe the degree of clinical benefit in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who receive infliximab therapy after lack of efficacy with etanercept...
- Etanercept treatment of psoriatic arthritis: safety, efficacy, and effect on disease progressionPhilip J Mease
Seattle Rheumatology Associates, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2264-72. 2004..In this study, we further evaluated the safety, efficacy, and effect on radiographic progression of etanercept in patients with PsA...
- Tumor necrosis factor antagonist responsiveness in a United States rheumatoid arthritis cohortJeffrey D Greenberg
New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY 10003, USA
Am J Med 121:532-8. 2008..The study objective was to investigate responsiveness according to whether patients satisfy eligibility criteria from randomized controlled trials of tumor necrosis factor (TNF) antagonists in a multicentered US cohort...
- Reduction of the efficacy of methotrexate by the use of folic acid: post hoc analysis from two randomized controlled studiesDinesh Khanna
Division of Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0563, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:3030-8. 2005..To examine the effect of folic acid on the efficacy of methotrexate (MTX) treatment in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) at 12 months in 2 phase III randomized controlled trials (RCTs) of leflunomide in which MTX was used as a comparator...
- Two-year treatment with denosumab (AMG 162) in a randomized phase 2 study of postmenopausal women with low BMDE Michael Lewiecki
New Mexico Clinical Research and Osteoporosis Center, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:1832-41. 2007..Continued study of denosumab is warranted in the treatment of low BMD in postmenopausal women...
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of golimumab, a fully human anti-TNF-alpha monoclonal antibody, in subjects with rheumatoid arthritisHonghui Zhou
Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Medicine, Centocor Research and Development, 200 Great Valley Parkway, Malvern, PA 19355, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:383-96. 2007..0%. Body weight was found to be an important covariate on V(c). Golimumab was generally well tolerated. The pharmacokinetics of golimumab appeared to be linear over the dose range evaluated in this study...
- Risedronate decreases biochemical markers of cartilage degradation but does not decrease symptoms or slow radiographic progression in patients with medial compartment osteoarthritis of the knee: results of the two-year multinational knee osteoarthritis stClifton O Bingham
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University, 5200 Eastern Avenue, Mason F Lord Building, Center Tower, Room 404, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3494-507. 2006....
- The PREMIER study: A multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previoFerdinand C Breedveld
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Albinusdreef 2, C4 R Postbox 9600, Leiden 2300 RC, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 54:26-37. 2006..To compare the efficacy and safety of adalimumab plus methotrexate (MTX) versus MTX monotherapy or adalimumab monotherapy in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who had not previously received MTX treatment...
- Continued inhibition of radiographic progression in patients with psoriatic arthritis following 2 years of treatment with etanerceptPhilip J Mease
Seattle Rheumatology Associates, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Rheumatol 33:712-21. 2006..Clinical and radiographic responses were evaluated in patients with psoriatic arthritis (PsA) treated for up to 2 years with etanercept...
- The 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of nonbiologic and biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs in rheumatoid arthritis: where the rubber meets the roadJoan M Bathon
Arthritis Rheum 59:757-9. 2008
- Effects of prasterone on disease activity and symptoms in women with active systemic lupus erythematosusMichelle A Petri
Johns Hopkins University Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2858-68. 2004..To determine whether prasterone administration results in improvement or stabilization of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) disease activity and its symptoms...
- Upper gastrointestinal tract safety of daily oral risedronate in patients taking NSAIDs: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSilvano Adami
Rheumatologic Rehabilitation Unit, University of Verona, Via Santa Maria Crocifissa di Rosa, 37067 Valeggio sul Mincio VR, Italy
Mayo Clin Proc 80:1278-85. 2005..To evaluate the frequency of upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract adverse events associated with risedronate during two (2-year) randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled studies...