Affiliation: Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University
Location: West Lafayette, USA
I received my B.S. and Ph.D. degrees in physics from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, in 2006 and 2011, respectively. During my graduate research, I focused on the fabrication of advanced CNT/polymer nano-composites and their application in energy harvesting, conversion and storage.
In August 2011, I became a post-doctoral research associate in the Center for Implantable Devices and Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA. My current research interest focuses on the fabrication of high-performance micro-supercapacitors and their integration with antenna, MEMs, ASICs into miniature RF-wireless implantable medical devices for clinical applications such as targeted reinnervation, epilepsy, glaucoma, and cardiology.
My research experience covers:
● Micro-fabrication, integration and 3D-packaging of miniature electronic devices
● RF-wireless implantable medical devices
● Nanomaterials for energy harvesting, conversion and storage: supercapacitor, thermoelectric, and actuator
- A Demo opto-electronic power source based on single-walled carbon nanotube sheetsChunhua Hu
Department of Physics and Tsinghua Foxconn Nanotechnology Research Center, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
ACS Nano 4:4701-6. 2010..Additionally, the output of the demo device has shown a good linear relationship with NIR light power density, favorable for IR sensors...
- High-performance supercapacitors using a nanoporous current collector made from super-aligned carbon nanotubesRuifeng Zhou
Department of Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Nanotechnology 21:345701. 2010..5% degradation in 2500 cycles) and a very high rate capability (245 F g(-1) at 155 A g(-1))...
- Highly flexible and all-solid-state paperlike polymer supercapacitorsChuizhou Meng
Tsinghua Foxconn Nanotechnology Research Center and Department of Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, People s Republic of China
Nano Lett 10:4025-31. 2010..These highly flexible and all-solid-state paperlike polymer supercapacitors may bring new design opportunities of device configuration for energy-storage devices in the future wearable electronic area...
- High-performance, low-voltage, and easy-operable bending actuator based on aligned carbon nanotube/polymer compositesLuzhuo Chen
Tsinghua Foxconn Nanotechnology Research Center and Department of Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, PR China
ACS Nano 5:1588-93. 2011....
- A flexible super-capacitive solid-state power supply for miniature implantable medical devicesChuizhou Meng
Center for Implantable Devices, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 47907, USA
Biomed Microdevices 15:973-83. 2013....