Robert L Meisel
Affiliation: Purdue University
- Dopamine receptor antagonists attenuate conditioned place preference following sexual behavior in female Syrian hamstersR L Meisel
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 309:21-4. 1996..These results indicate that conditioned place preference is a useful means for probing the appetitive components of female sexual behavior, and that dopamine D2 receptors are involved in this appetitive process...
- Sexual experience in female rodents: cellular mechanisms and functional consequencesRobert L Meisel
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, 703 Third Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Brain Res 1126:56-65. 2006..Taken together, these studies suggest that sexual experience enhances the reinforcing properties of sexual behavior, which has the coincident outcome of increasing copulatory efficiency in a way that can increase reproductive success...
- Repeated quinpirole treatments produce neurochemical sensitization and associated behavioral changes in female hamstersJulia A Chester
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2081, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 188:53-62. 2006..Repeated stimulation of dopaminergic pathways with dopamine receptor agonists can produce both neurochemical and behavioral sensitization...
- Cellular co-localization of protein phosphatase 5 and glucocorticoid receptors in rat brainSandra Rossie
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Brain Res 1111:1-11. 2006....
- Sexual experience alters D1 receptor-mediated cyclic AMP production in the nucleus accumbens of female Syrian hamstersKatherine C Bradley
Graduate Neuroscience Program, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Synapse 53:20-7. 2004..These results demonstrate that sexual behavior experience can sensitize mesolimbic dopamine pathways and that this sensitization occurs through an increase in D1 receptor-mediated signaling...
- The effects of energy-rich diets on discrimination reversal learning and on BDNF in the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex of the ratScott E Kanoski
The Ingestive Behavior Research Center, Purdue University, IN, USA
Behav Brain Res 182:57-66. 2007..The results suggest that consumption of the HFD diet may have had enduring effects on learning processes, some of which may contribute to the control of intake regulation...
- 6-Hydroxydopamine lesions in female hamsters (Mesocricetus auratus) abolish the sensitized effects of sexual experience on copulatory interactions with malesKatherine C Bradley
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47906, USA
Behav Neurosci 119:224-32. 2005....
- The effects of mating stimulation on c-Fos immunoreactivity in the female hamster medial amygdala are region and context dependentDeborah N Shelley
Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Horm Behav 47:212-22. 2005..Furthermore, c-Fos expression in the female hamster medial amygdala is region and context dependent...
- Aggressiveness and brain amine concentration in dominant and subordinate finishing pigs fed the beta-adrenoreceptor agonist ractopamineR Poletto
USDA ARS Livestock Behavior Research Unit, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Anim Sci 88:3107-20. 2010....
- Voltammetric measurement of electrically evoked dopamine levels in the striatum of the anesthetized Syrian hamsterPhillip G Greco
Cellular and Integrative Physiology Section, Department of Biological Sciences, Campus Box 4120, Illinois State University, Normal, IL 61790 4120, USA
J Neurosci Methods 152:55-64. 2006..Regional differences were observed for DA release and uptake parameters, and the effects of cocaine. Taken together, these results establish the measurement of electrically evoked DA levels in the hamster striatum using FSCV at a CFM...
- DOPAMINE SENSITIZATION BY MOTIVATED BEHAVIORSROBERT MEISEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..