Affiliation: Program for Appropriate Technology in Health
- Thermostable formulations of a hepatitis B vaccine and a meningitis A polysaccharide conjugate vaccine produced by a spray drying methodD Chen
PATH, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Vaccine 28:5093-9. 2010..This study demonstrates the feasibility of producing thermostable vaccines with advanced processing and formulation technologies...
- Desirable attributes of vaccines for deployment in low-resource settingsDexiang Chen
PATH, Seattle, Washington 98121, USA
J Pharm Sci 102:29-33. 2013....
- Opportunities and challenges of developing thermostable vaccinesDexiang Chen
PATH, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 8:547-57. 2009..The challenges associated with the implementation of these novel formulations are discussed, as well as the potential benefits and opportunities of taking vaccines out of the cold chain...
- Spray drying and vaccine stabilizationDavid McAdams
PATH, 2201 Westlake Avenue, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 11:1211-9. 2012..This article reviews the status of spray-drying technology and discusses barriers and opportunities for its future application to vaccines...
- Vaccine stabilization: research, commercialization, and potential impactDebra Kristensen
PATH, Seattle, WA, United States
Vaccine 29:7122-4. 2011..Public sector agencies can incentivize vaccine developers to prioritize stabilization efforts through advocacy and by implementing policies that increase demand for thermostable vaccines...
- Characterization of the freeze sensitivity of a hepatitis B vaccineDexiang Chen
PATH, Seattle, Washington, USA
Hum Vaccin 5:26-32. 2009....
- Stability of live attenuated rotavirus vaccine with selected preservatives and primary containersManjari Lal
PATH, Seattle, WA, USA Electronic address
Vaccine 34:2483-9. 2016..Selection of an optimal primary container should take into consideration additional factors, including stability as well as cold chain volume, usability, cost, and manufacturing feasibility. ..
- Strategies to advance vaccine technologies for resource-poor settingsDebra Kristensen
PATH, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Vaccine 31:B157-62. 2013....
- Development of a fast-dissolving tablet formulation of a live attenuated enterotoxigenic E. coli vaccine candidateManjari Lal
PATH, PO Box 900922, Seattle, WA 98121, USA Electronic address
Vaccine 31:4759-64. 2013....
- Development of a stable liquid formulation of live attenuated influenza vaccineJessica A White
PATH, Seattle, Washington, United States Electronic address
Vaccine 34:3676-83. 2016..5% recombinant human serum albumin that provided storage stability of one year at 2-8°C for the influenza A and B strains tested. ..
- Development of a Freeze-Dried, Heat-Stable Influenza Subunit Vaccine FormulationAlexander Flood
Devices and Tools Program, PATH, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0164692. 2016..These freeze-dried thermostable influenza subunit vaccines could also reduce the frequency of vaccine stockpile turnover, offering a cost-effective option for pandemic preparedness...
- Stabilization of HAC1 influenza vaccine by spray drying: formulation development and process scale-upChangcheng Zhu
PATH, PO Box 900922, Seattle, Washington, 98109, USA
Pharm Res 31:3006-18. 2014..Our aim was to develop a stable formulation of a recombinant H1N1 influenza hemagglutinin vaccine candidate and take it to pilot-scale spray-drying production...
- An antigen-independent but not antigen-specific T(H)1 response provides protection in the murine airway inflammation modelMelissa S Burger
PowderJect Vaccines, Inc, Seattle, WA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:1301-8. 2004..Synthetic oligodeoxynucleotides containing unmethylated CG dinucleotides (CpG) are strong T(H)1 adjuvants and are being investigated for allergy immunotherapy...