Alexei V Korennykh
Affiliation: Princeton University
- Structural basis of the unfolded protein responseAlexei Korennykh
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 28:251-77. 2012..We discuss the emerging molecular understanding of the UPR and focus on the structural biology of Ire1 and PERK, the two recently crystallized UPR sensors...
- Structural and functional basis for RNA cleavage by Ire1Alexei V Korennykh
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, Genentech Hall, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
BMC Biol 9:47. 2011..Here, we experimentally define the active site of Ire1 RNase and quantitatively evaluate the contribution of the key active site residues to catalysis...
- Cofactor-mediated conformational control in the bifunctional kinase/RNase Ire1Alexei V Korennykh
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 600 16th Street, Room S272, Box 0724, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
BMC Biol 9:48. 2011..In this study, we investigated how the binding of cofactors to the kinase domain of Ire1 modulates its RNase activity...
- The unfolded protein response signals through high-order assembly of Ire1Alexei V Korennykh
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nature 457:687-93. 2009..Activation of Ire1 through oligomerization expands the mechanistic repertoire of kinase-based signalling receptors...
- Mammalian endoplasmic reticulum stress sensor IRE1 signals by dynamic clusteringHan Li
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:16113-8. 2010..Thus IRE1 activity is governed by a timer that may be important in switching the UPR from the initially cytoprotective phase to the apoptotic mode...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress-independent activation of unfolded protein response kinases by a small molecule ATP-mimicAaron S Mendez
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States
elife 4:. 2015..The mechanism by which partial occupancy with an inhibitor can activate kinases may be wide-spread and carries major implications for design and therapeutic application of kinase inhibitors...
- Messenger RNA targeting to endoplasmic reticulum stress signalling sitesTOMAS ARAGON
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
Nature 457:736-40. 2009..Translational repression afforded by the intron fulfils this requirement for HAC1 mRNA. Recruitment of mRNA to signalling centres provides a new paradigm for the control of eukaryotic gene expression...