GENEVIEVE MARIE AMES
Affiliation: Prevention Research Center
- Contributions of work stressors, alcohol, and normative beliefs to partner violenceGenevieve M Ames
Prevention Research Center of Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, Berkeley, California 94704, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 74:195-204. 2013....
- Physical and social availability of alcohol for young enlisted naval personnel in and around home portRoland S Moore
Prevention Research Center, Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, 1995 University Avenue, Suite 450, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 2:17. 2007..The literature on alcohol availability, both generally and specifically with respect to work-related drinking, establishes clear links between ease of access, alcohol consumption rates and alcohol-related problems...
- Alcohol, tobacco, and drug use among young adults prior to entering the militaryGenevieve M Ames
Prevention Research Center, Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, Berkeley, California 94704, USA
Prev Sci 3:135-44. 2002..These data can help to heighten awareness among employers as to the prevalence of substance use in the 17-24-year-old age group, and thereby inform policy and prevention programs...
- Military culture and drinking behavior among U.S. Navy careeristsGenevieve M Ames
Prevention Research Center, Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:336-44. 2007..This study builds on research linking work culture and drinking behavior to examine the influence of the military work environment, especially deployment and liberty, on heavy and heavy episodic drinking among career enlistees and officers...
- HEALTH RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMGenevieve Ames; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MILITARY WORK AND DRINKING--RISKS AND PREVENTIONGenevieve Ames; Fiscal Year: 2003..Therefore, our research findings and strategies for prevention will be generalizable to both civilian and military populations. Guidelines for prevention will be provided to the Navy annually. ..
- Partner Violence: Roles of Work, Job Stress & DrinkingGenevieve Ames; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the study's last year, we will develop IPV and related problem drinking prevention guidelines for the workplace based on environmental and policy changes. ..
- Young Adult Food Service Workers: Alcohol Use & RiskGenevieve Ames; Fiscal Year: 2009..The study will provide guidelines for the development of culturally relevant prevention programs. ..