Affiliation: Population Council
- Treatment-seeking for symptoms of reproductive tract infections among young women in IndiaShagun Sabarwal
Population Council, New Delhi
Int Perspect Sex Reprod Health 38:90-8. 2012..Most studies on treatment-seeking have focused broadly on women of reproductive age, and little is known about the experiences of adolescent girls and young women, particularly the unmarried...
- Association between maternal intimate partner violence victimization and childhood immunization in IndiaShagun Sabarwal
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Trop Pediatr 58:107-13. 2012..Findings suggest the need for increased programmatic efforts to prevent both the prevalence of IPV as well as the multiple MCH consequences of such violence...
- Son preference and intimate partner violence victimization in India: examining the role of actual and desired family compositionShagun Sabarwal
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Biosoc Sci 44:43-56. 2012....
- Husband's preference for a son and women's nutrition: examining the role of actual and desired family composition on women's anaemia and body mass index in IndiaShagun Sabarwal
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 26:77-88. 2012..However, having daughters only is associated with maternal anaemia for reasons that remain to be established...
- Women's autonomy and experience of physical violence within marriage in rural India: evidence from a prospective studyShagun Sabarwal
Population Council, New Delhi, India
J Interpers Violence 29:332-47. 2014..Results argue for an increased focus on strategies aimed at improving women's financial status through livelihood skill-building opportunities, development of a strong savings orientation, and asset-building options. ..
- Abuse from in-laws during pregnancy and post-partum: qualitative and quantitative findings from low-income mothers of infants in Mumbai, IndiaAnita Raj
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health, 801 Mass Ave, Crosstown Building 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:700-12. 2011..Programs and interventions that screen and address IPV in pregnant and post-partum populations in India should be developed to include consideration of in-laws...