Terri K Pogoda
- Concordance of clinician judgment of mild traumatic brain injury history with a diagnostic standardTerri K Pogoda
VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 S Huntington Ave 152M, Boston, MA 02130
J Rehabil Res Dev 51:363-75. 2014..Adherence to established diagnostic guidelines is essential for accurate determination of mTBI history and for understanding the extent to which mTBI symptoms resolve or persist over time in OIF/OEF Veterans. ..
- Multisensory impairment reported by veterans with and without mild traumatic brain injury historyTerri K Pogoda
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research, Department of Veterans Affairs, Boston HealthcareSystem, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 49:971-84. 2012..A better comprehension of impairments incurred by deployed servicemembers is needed to fully understand the spectrum of blast and nonblast dysfunction and may allow for more targeted interventions to be developed to address these issues...
- Qualitative analysis of barriers to implementation of supported employment in the Department of Veterans AffairsTerri K Pogoda
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research, Department of Veterans Affairs VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1289-95. 2011..The aim of this qualitative study was to document perceived barriers to supported employment implementation as described by Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) employees...
- Patient and organizational factors related to education and support use by Veterans with Parkinson's diseaseTerri K Pogoda
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research, Department of Veterans Affairs, 150 South Huntington Avenue 152M, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Mov Disord 24:1916-24. 2009..These findings suggest that PADRECC VAMCs are providing educational/support activities consistent with these specialty centers' goals...
- Screening for mild traumatic brain injury in OEF-OIF deployed US military: an empirical assessment of VHA's experienceAnn M Hendricks
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Brain Inj 27:125-34. 2013..VHA screens for traumatic brain injury (TBI) among patients formerly deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq, referring those who screen positive for a Comprehensive TBI Evaluation (CTBIE)...
- Psychiatric diagnoses and neurobehavioral symptom severity among OEF/OIF VA patients with deployment-related traumatic brain injury: a gender comparisonKatherine M Iverson
Women s Health Sciences Division of National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S210-7. 2011..This study investigated gender differences in psychiatric diagnoses and neurobehavioral symptom severity among OEF/OIF veterans with deployment-related TBI...
- Deployment-related traumatic brain injury among Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans: associations with mental and physical health by genderKatherine M Iverson
Women s Health Sciences Division of the National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:267-75. 2013..To identify unique associations of probable TBI with health symptoms, analyses were also conducted separately for veterans with and without probable posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Associations Between Traumatic Brain Injury, Suspected Psychiatric Conditions, and Unemployment in Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom VeteransTerri K Pogoda
Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research Drs Pogoda, Baker, Iverson, and Meterko and Ms Stolzmann, National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Dr Iverson, and Research and Development Service Dr Krengel, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Health Policy and Management, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts Drs Pogoda and Meterko Departments of Psychiatry Dr Iverson and Neurology Dr Krengel, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center DVBIC, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond Dr Lew Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu Dr Lew and Defense Resources Management Institute, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California Dr Amara
J Head Trauma Rehabil 31:191-203. 2016....
- The Effects of Organization Design and Patient Perceptions of Care on Switching Behavior and Reliance on a Health Care System Across TimeAlan J Labonte
VA Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research, Boston, MA, USA Health Policy and Management Department, Boston University School of Public Health, MA, USA
Med Care Res Rev 73:182-204. 2016....
- Auditory and visual impairments in patients with blast-related traumatic brain injury: Effect of dual sensory impairment on Functional Independence MeasureHenry L Lew
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service, Department of Veterans Affairs VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 46:819-26. 2009..25) and motor ( t = -2.50) FIM scores ( p < 0.05). Understanding the long-term consequences of sensory impairments in the functional recovery of patients with blast-related TBI requires further research...
- Traumatic brain injury and PTSD symptoms as a consequence of intimate partner violenceKatherine M Iverson
Women s Health Sciences Division of the National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue 116B 3, Boston, MA, 02130, United States Department of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, Boston, MA, 02118, United States Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 74:80-87. 2017..We aimed to identify the occurrence of IPV-related TBI and associated PTSD symptoms among women veterans who experienced IPV...