Allen E Shaughnessy
Affiliation: PinnacleHealth System
- What happened to the valid POEMs? A survey of review articles on the treatment of type 2 diabetesAllen F Shaughnessy
Harrisburg Family Practice Residency, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA
BMJ 327:266. 2003....
- Focusing on patient-oriented evidence that matters in the care of patients with diabetes mellitusAllen E Shaughnessy
PinnacleHealth System, Harrisburg, PA 17104, USA
Pharmacotherapy 24:295-7; discussion 297. 2004
- Right ballpark, wrong base: assessing safety of NSAIDsAllen F Shaughnessy
Family Practice Residency, Harrisburg Hospital, 2501 N 3rd St, Harrisburg, PA 17110, USA
J Fam Pract 51:538. 2002
- Disseminating drug prescribing information: the cox-2 inhibitors withdrawalsScott M Strayer
University of Virginia Health System, Department of Family Medicine, P O Box 800729, Charlottesville, Virginia USA 22908 0729, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:396-8. 2006..Institutional electronic textbooks took an average of 109.8 days (+/-14 days) to report the withdrawal. In addition, one pharma-sponsored dissemination source (Peerview Press) had not updated their information as of this publication...
- Teaching evidence-based medicine: should we be teaching information management instead?David C Slawson
Department of Family Medicine, Box 800729, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Acad Med 80:685-9. 2005..This teaching of information management skills will prepare students and residents for a practice of medicine that requires lifelong learning...
- Blowing the whistle on review articlesAllen F Shaughnessy
BMJ 328:E280-2. 2004
- How to write an evidence-based clinical review articleJay Siwek
Department of Family Medicine, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Am Fam Physician 65:251-8. 2002..Finally, provide a table of key summary points...
- Research was evidence basedAllen F Shaughnessy
BMJ 327:811. 2003
- When less is more: a practical approach to searching for evidence-based answersKaren K Grandage
Calude Moore Health Sciences Library, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 90:298-304. 2002..Librarians can play a significant role in evaluating the ever-increasing variety of these synthesized resources, placing them into the searching hierarchy, and training clinicians to search from the top down...
- Should we treat subclinical hypothyroidism?Cung B Pham
Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts University Family Medicine Residency at Cambridge Health Alliance, Malden, Massachusetts 02148, USA
BMJ 337:a834. 2008