D E Epps
Affiliation: Pharmacia and Upjohn
- Isoform-specific interactions of human apolipoprotein E to an intermediate conformation of human Alzheimer amyloid-beta peptideNancy C Stratman
Neurobiology, Pfizer Inc, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA
Chem Phys Lipids 137:52-61. 2005..The differential risk of AD related to apoE genotype may be the result of an enhanced capacity of apoE4 binding to an intermediate aggregated form of Abeta...
- A competitive fluorescence assay to measure the reactivity of compoundsD E Epps
Pharmacia Corporation, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49002, USA
Anal Biochem 295:101-6. 2001..The method is easily adaptable to a high-throughput screening format...
- The essential role of a free sulfhydryl group in blocking the cholesteryl site of cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP)Dennis E Epps
Discovery Technologies, 7295 25 234 Pharmacia and Upjohn Company, 301 Henrietta, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA
Chem Phys Lipids 114:113-22. 2002..Finally, although not conclusive, results of the protein chemistry experiments with the modified CETP suggest that the cysteine residue at position 333 is unpaired...
- The ligand affinity of proteins measured by isothermal denaturation kineticsD E Epps
Pharmacia Corporation, 7000 Portage Road, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001, USA
Anal Biochem 292:40-50. 2001....
- Determination of ligand-MurB interactions by isothermal denaturation: application as a secondary assay to complement high throughput screeningRonald W Sarver
Structural and Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacia Corporation, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA
J Biomol Screen 7:21-8. 2002..We showed that coupling of the various detection methods with isothermal denaturation yields a powerful regimen to provide analytical data for assessing inhibitor specificity for a protein target...
- Physical methods to determine the binding mode of putative ligands for hepatitis C virus NS3 helicaseRonald W Sarver
Structural, Analytical and Medicinal Chemistry, 301 Henrietta Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA
Anal Biochem 309:186-95. 2002..A combination of physical methods was required to discern the mode of action of compounds identified by HTS and remove undesirable lead templates from further consideration...
- Spontaneous aggregation and cytotoxicity of the beta-amyloid Abeta1-40: a kinetic modelBruce M Taylor
Pharmacia Inc, 7295 25 234, 301 Henrietta St Kalamazoo, MI 4900, USA
J Protein Chem 22:31-40. 2003..These conclusions should provide a structural basis for understanding the toxicity of Abeta1-40 in vitro and possibly in vivo...
- A slowly formed transient conformer of Abeta(1-40) is toxic to inward channels of dissociated hippocampal and cortical neurons of ratsXiao Dong Sun
Discovery Technologies Toxicology, Pharmacia Inc, 301 Henrietta Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Neurobiol Dis 14:567-78. 2003..We conclude that, for both the native neurons in the present study as well as SH-EP1 cells, the activated monomeric conformer of the peptide is the toxic species...