Robert W Mays
Affiliation: Pharmaceutical Products Division
- Development of adult pluripotent stem cell therapies for ischemic injury and diseaseRobert W Mays
Athersys, Inc, Division of Regenerative Medicine, 3201 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 7:173-84. 2007..In this article, the authors review preclinical animal data demonstrating the benefit of pluripotent adult progenitor cells in the treatment of ischemic injuries of the heart, vascular system and CNS...
- Intravenous multipotent adult progenitor cell therapy after traumatic brain injury: modulation of the resident microglia populationPeter A Walker
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 6431 Fannin Street, MSB 5 236, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Neuroinflammation 9:228. 2012..We hypothesize that the observed modulation of the systemic inflammatory milieu is related to T regulatory cells and a subsequent increase in the locoregional neuroprotective M2 macrophage population...
- Isosteric ramatroban analogs: selective and potent CRTH-2 antagonistsMichael J Robarge
Athersys, Inc, Medicinal Chemistry, 3201 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115 2634, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:1749-53. 2005..In this report, we describe the synthesis and optimization of a ramatroban isostere that is a selective and potent antagonist of CRTH-2 which may be useful in the treatment of certain diseases...
- Intravenous multipotent adult progenitor cell treatment decreases inflammation leading to functional recovery following spinal cord injuryMarc A DePaul
Case Western Reserve Univ, Dept of Neurosciences, 10900 Euclid Ave, SOM E654, Cleveland, OH, 44106, USA
Sci Rep 5:16795. 2015..Our results demonstrate that MAPCs exert their primary effects in the periphery and provide strong support for the use of these cells in acute human contusive SCI. ..
- 3-Indolyl sultams as selective CRTh2 antagonistsL Nathan Tumey
Athersys, Inc, 3201 Carnegie Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:3287-90. 2010..These compounds proved to be selective over the other primary prostaglandin D(2) receptor (DP1) as well as the thromboxane A(2) receptor (TP)...
- Therapeutic pathways of adult stem cell repairAnthony E Ting
Division of Regenerative Medicine, Athersys Inc, 3201 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 65:81-93. 2008....
- Multipotent adult progenitor cells prevent macrophage-mediated axonal dieback and promote regrowth after spinal cord injurySarah A Busch
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 31:944-53. 2011..Our results demonstrate that MAPCs have therapeutic benefits after spinal cord injury and provide specific evidence that adult stem cells exert positive immunomodulatory and neurotrophic influences...
- Behavioral and histological characterization of intrahippocampal grafts of human bone marrow-derived multipotent progenitor cells in neonatal rats with hypoxic-ischemic injuryTakao Yasuhara
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Cell Transplant 15:231-8. 2006..An equally major finding is the observation lending support to the hippocampus as an excellent target brain region for stem cell therapy in treating HI injury...
- Intravenous grafts recapitulate the neurorestoration afforded by intracerebrally delivered multipotent adult progenitor cells in neonatal hypoxic-ischemic ratsTakao Yasuhara
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 3200, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1804-10. 2008..These results show that intravenous delivery of MAPCs is a feasible and efficacious cell therapy with potential for clinical use...