Alesia B Sadosky
Affiliation: Pfizer Global Research and Development
- A review of the epidemiology of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, and less commonly studied neuropathic pain conditionsAlesia Sadosky
Pfizer Global Outcomes Research, New York, New York 10017, USA
Pain Pract 8:45-56. 2008....
- Healthcare utilization and costs in diabetes relative to the clinical spectrum of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathyAlesia Sadosky
Pfizer, Inc, New York, NY, USA Electronic address
J Diabetes Complications 29:212-7. 2015..Diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) accompanied by painful symptoms is known as painful DPN (pDPN). This study characterized healthcare resource utilization and costs in patients with DPN, pDPN, and severe pDPN relative to diabetes only...
- Economic and humanistic burden of post-trauma and post-surgical neuropathic pain among adults in the United StatesBruce Parsons
Pfizer, Inc, New York, NY, USA
J Pain Res 6:459-69. 2013..While there are multiple causes of NeP, few studies have examined the disease burden and treatment patterns associated with post-traumatic/post-surgical (PTPS) NeP...
- Burden of illness associated with painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy among adults seeking treatment in the US: results from a retrospective chart review and cross-sectional surveyAlesia Sadosky
Pfizer Inc, New York, N Y
Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 6:79-92. 2013..The purpose of this study was to characterize the burden of illness among adult subjects with painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy (pDPN) seeking treatment in the US...
- Association of patient-rated severity with other outcomes in patients with painful diabetic peripheral neuropathyGavin Taylor-Stokes
Adelphi Real World, Adelphi Mill, Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 4:401-8. 2011..To evaluate the association of patient-reported severity of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy (pDPN) with other outcomes in a European population of patients using the Adelphi Disease Specific Programme for pDPN (DSP III, 2008)...
- Painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy: results of a survey characterizing the perspectives and misperceptions of patients and healthcare practitionersAlesia Sadosky
Pfizer, Inc, 235 East 42nd Street, New York, NY, 10017, USA
Patient 7:107-14. 2014..Little information exists on the understanding and management of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy (pDPN) between patients and healthcare practitioners (HCPs)...
- Relationship between self-reported low-back pain severity and other patient-reported outcomes: results from an observational studyAlesia B Sadosky
Pfizer Inc, Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, New York, NY 10017, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 26:8-14. 2013..A cross-sectional observational study of physicians and patients with chronic low-back pain (CLBP) in the United States...
- Clinical characteristics and patterns of healthcare utilization in patients with painful neuropathic disorders in UK general practice: a retrospective cohort studyAriel Berger
Policy Analysis Inc, Brookline, MA 02445, USA
BMC Neurol 12:8. 2012..Clinical characteristics and patterns of healthcare utilization in patients with painful neuropathic disorders (PNDs) who are under the care of general practitioners (GPs) in the UK are not well understood...
- Resource utilization and costs before and after total joint arthroplastyKevin J Bozic
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, San Francisco, CA 94143 0728, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:73. 2012..The purpose of this study was to compare pre- and post-surgical healthcare costs in commercially insured total joint arthroplasty (TJA) patients with osteoarthritis (OA) in the United States (U.S.)...
- Impact of self-rated osteoarthritis severity in an employed population: cross-sectional analysis of data from the national health and wellness surveyMarco daCosta Dibonaventura
Kantar Health, New York, NY, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:30. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact of self-rated OA severity on quality of life, healthcare resource utilization, productivity and costs in an employed population relative to employed individuals without OA...
- Evaluating the health and economic impact of osteoarthritis pain in the workforce: results from the National Health and Wellness SurveyMarco daCosta Dibonaventura
Pfizer, Inc, NY 10017, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:83. 2011..This study evaluated the impact of OA pain on healthcare resource utilization, productivity and costs in employed individuals...
- Toward characterization and definition of fibromyalgia severityStuart Silverman
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:66. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate whether patient self-reported severity of FM is associated with severity of pain and sleep interference and the presence of core co-morbidities...
- Identification of symptom and functional domains that fibromyalgia patients would like to see improved: a cluster analysisRobert M Bennett
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:134. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine whether some of the clinical features of fibromyalgia (FM) that patients would like to see improved aggregate into definable clusters...
- Reliability of a 1-week recall period for the Medical Outcomes Study Sleep Scale (MOS-SS) in patients with fibromyalgiaAlesia Sadosky
Pfizer Global Outcomes Research, 235 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:12. 2009..To evaluate the reliability of a one-week versus a four-week recall period of the Medical Outcomes Study Sleep Scale (MOS-SS) in patients with fibromyalgia (FM)...
- Relationship between patient-reported disease severity in osteoarthritis and self-reported pain, function and work productivityAlesia B Sadosky
Pfizer Inc, Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, New York, NY 10017, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R162. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine how patient-reported OA severity correlates with patient-reported outcomes including pain, function and productivity...
- Relationship between patient-reported chronic low back pain severity and medication resourcesGavin Taylor-Stokes
Adelphi Real World, Adelphi Mill, Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 33:1739-48. 2011..Characterization of chronic low back pain (CLBP) severity from a patient's perspective can provide a context within which management strategies may be determined and therapeutic outcomes evaluated...
- Psychometric properties of a single-item scale to assess sleep quality among individuals with fibromyalgiaJoseph C Cappelleri
Pfizer Inc, Global Research and Development, New London, Connecticut 06320, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:54. 2009..Sleep disturbances are a common and bothersome symptom of fibromyalgia (FM). This study reports psychometric properties of a single-item scale to assess sleep quality among individuals with FM...
- Pain responder analysis: use of area under the curve to enhance interpretation of clinical trial resultsJoseph C Cappelleri
Pfizer Inc, New London, Connecticut 06320, USA
Pain Pract 9:348-53. 2009..7% (450 mg/day), and 12.5% (600 mg/day) more than placebo responders. This novel approach demonstrates that responder profiles can provide an enhanced interpretation of pain outcomes for patient care and symptom management...
- Therapy switching, augmentation, and discontinuation in patients with osteoarthritis and chronic low back painMugdha Gore
Avalon Health Solutions, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pain Pract 12:457-68. 2012..Recommended pain treatments for osteoarthritis (OA) and chronic low back pain (CLBP) are suboptimal, and limited information is available regarding patterns of pharmacotherapy among patients with these conditions...
- Measurement properties of the Medical Outcomes Study Sleep Scale in patients with fibromyalgiaJoseph C Cappelleri
Pfizer Inc, Global Research and Development, 50 Pequot Avenue, New London, CT 06320, USA
Sleep Med 10:766-70. 2009..Sleep problems are a common symptom of fibromyalgia (FM). The objective of this study was to evaluate the Medical Outcomes Study (MOS) Sleep Scale as a measure of FM-related sleep problems...
- Effects of Pregabalin in Patients with Neuropathic Pain Previously Treated with Gabapentin: A Pooled Analysis of Parallel-Group, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Clinical TrialsJohn D Markman
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Pain Pract . 2016..This analysis compared the therapeutic response of pregabalin in patients with neuropathic pain (NeP) who had been previously treated with gabapentin to the therapeutic response in patients who had not received gabapentin previously...
- Patient burden of trigeminal neuralgia: results from a cross-sectional survey of health state impairment and treatment patterns in six European countriesThomas Tölle
Neurologic Clinic, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Pain Pract 6:153-60. 2006..This burden may result from both suboptimal management strategies and the frequent resistance of this neuropathic condition to treatment, and suggests a need for more effective pain management strategies...