Robin Taylor Wilson
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Genetic and environmental influences on plasma vitamin D binding protein concentrationsRobin Taylor Wilson
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania Electronic address
Transl Res 165:667-76. 2015....
- Breast and cervical cancer screening patterns among American Indian women at IHS clinics in Montana and WyomingRobin Taylor Wilson
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, Hershey, PA, USA
Public Health Rep 126:806-15. 2011..We investigated factors associated with primary and secondary breast and cervical cancer screening among American Indian (AI) women receiving care from the Indian Health Service (IHS) in Montana and Wyoming...
- Fish, vitamin D, and flavonoids in relation to renal cell cancer among smokersRobin Taylor Wilson
Epidemiology Division, Department of Public Health Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0855, USA
Am J Epidemiol 170:717-29. 2009..These results suggest that the flavonoid quercetin may prevent renal cell cancer among male smokers. The possible risk associated with fish intake warrants further investigation before conclusions may be drawn...
- Cancers of the urinary tract among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, 1999-2004Robin Taylor Wilson
Department of Public Health Sciences, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Cancer 113:1213-24. 2008..Using a database with improved classification for AI/AN, the authors described patterns of these 2 cancers among AI/AN and non-Hispanic whites (NHW) in the United States...
- Shared occupational risks for transitional cell cancer of the bladder and renal pelvis among men and women in SwedenRobin Taylor Wilson
Penn State Cancer Institute, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0855, USA
Am J Ind Med 51:83-99. 2008..Unlike cancer of the bladder, cancer of the renal pelvis is not considered an occupational cancer and little is known about risks among women...
- Disparities in breast cancer treatment among American Indian, Hispanic and non-Hispanic White Women Enrolled in MedicareRobin Taylor Wilson
Public Health Sciences at Penn State College of Medicine, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:648-64. 2007..We identified 2,031 women (67 American Indian, 333 Hispanic and 1,631 NHW women with time to treatment information. Treatment intervals from diagnosis to surgery (all stages, 18 versus 4 days, p...
- Hip fracture risk among community-dwelling elderly people in the United States: a prospective study of physical, cognitive, and socioeconomic indicatorsRobin Taylor Wilson
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Health Evaluation Sciences, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, and the Penn State Cancer Institute, Hershey, PA 17033 0855, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1210-8. 2006..We determined risks of short-term (2-year) hip fracture in a nationally representative, prospective cohort of community-dwelling elderly people 70 years or older...
- Lead, calcium uptake, and related genetic variants in association with renal cell carcinoma risk in a cohort of male Finnish smokersEmily B Southard
Department of Public Health Sciences, Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Cancer Institute, 500 University Drive, Mail Code CH69, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:191-201. 2012..Lead is classified as a probable human carcinogen. However, its role in renal cell cancer (RCC) has not been established. Calcium and vitamin D may off-set toxicity in vivo...
- A novel SNP in a vitamin D response element of the CYP24A1 promoter reduces protein binding, transactivation, and gene expressionAlanna Roff
Department of Public Health Sciences and Penn State Cancer Institute, Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 112:47-54. 2008..This variant was only observed in our African American population, and represents a first step toward understanding differences in disease risk among racial/ethnic groups...
- Cancer among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, 1999-2004Charles L Wiggins
New Mexico Tumor Registry, University of New Mexico Cancer Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Cancer 113:1142-52. 2008..However, the misclassification of race for AI/AN cancer cases in central cancer registries may have led to underestimates of the AI/AN cancer burden in previous reports...
- Trends in hip fracture incidence in young and older adultsRobin Taylor Wilson
Am J Public Health 97:1734-5. 2007