Erika F H Saunders
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- The effect of poor sleep quality on mood outcome differs between men and women: A longitudinal study of bipolar disorderErika F H Saunders
Department of Psychiatry, Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, P O Box 850, Mail Code HO73, Hershey, PA, USA University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Ann Arbor, MI, USA University of Michigan Depression Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA Electronic address
J Affect Disord 180:90-6. 2015..We aimed to determine whether perception of poor sleep quality would have a different effect on mood outcome in men versus women...
- Gender differences, clinical correlates, and longitudinal outcome of bipolar disorder with comorbid migraineErika F H Saunders
Department of Psychiatry, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Penn State College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, PO Box 850, Mail Code HO73, Hershey, PA 17033 0850
J Clin Psychiatry 75:512-9. 2014..We hypothesized comorbid migraine would be associated with features of illness and psychosocial risk factors that would differ by gender and impact outcome...
- Clinical features of bipolar disorder comorbid with anxiety disorders differ between men and womenErika F H Saunders
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Depress Anxiety 29:739-46. 2012..Anxiety disorders are commonly comorbid with bipolar disorder (BP) and may worsen course of illness, but differential impact of specific anxiety disorders in men and women remains unknown...
- Suggestive linkage at 9p22 in bipolar disorder weighted by alcohol abuseErika F H Saunders
University of Michigan Depression Center, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:1133-8. 2009....
- Personality trait dimensions and the pharmacological treatment of borderline personality disorderErika F H Saunders
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 29:461-7. 2009..We propose a consortium to discuss guidelines for future studies, including agreement as to what should be measured to determine the outcome and adoption of standardized instruments to measure that outcome...
- Greater executive and visual memory dysfunction in comorbid bipolar disorder and substance use disorderDavid F Marshall
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, 2101 Commonwealth Blvd, Suite C, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Psychiatry Res 200:252-7. 2012..Future research might address longitudinal outcome as a function of BD, SUD, and combined BD/SUD to evaluate neural systems involved in risk for, and effects of, these illnesses...
- Deficient inhibitory control as an outcome of childhood traumaDavid F Marshall
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 235:7-12. 2016..These findings suggest that early trauma might adversely impact the development of cognitive systems and brain circuits that support inhibitory aspects of executive functioning in individuals with a history of trauma. ..
- Associations between suicide attempts and elevated bedtime salivary cortisol levels in bipolar disorderMasoud Kamali
The University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry and Depression Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2700, USA
J Affect Disord 136:350-8. 2012..We compare HPA axis activity in bipolar individuals with and without suicidal behavior and unaffected healthy controls through measurement of salivary cortisol...
- Intermediate: cognitive phenotypes in bipolar disorderScott A Langenecker
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Depression Center, Ann Arbor, MI, United States
J Affect Disord 122:285-93. 2010..The present study used neuropsychological measures as ICPs, with factor scores in executive functioning, attention, memory, fine motor function, and emotion processing, similar to prior work in schizophrenia...
- Depression and anxiety in patients with hereditary angioedemaAndrew S Fouche
College of Medicine, Penn State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 112:371-5. 2014..The increased risk for mental health disorders in HAE is due to the burden of disease and possibly associated activation of the immune system...
- Modality-specific alterations in the perception of emotional stimuli in Bipolar Disorder compared to Healthy Controls and Major Depressive DisorderAaron C Vederman
The University of Michigan Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, MI, USA
Cortex 48:1027-34. 2012..Demographic and clinical variables, in addition to medications were also investigated...